Is PayPal a scam?

Started by Lise, Sep 21 07 10:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Lise

So I just got this alert from them from my eBay that I owe them 36 cents from two years ago. I sold an item back then and now I'm getting charged for that? WTH?

Is this normal? Just wondering if anyone has gone through something similar?
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

TehBorken

Lise wrote:
Is PayPal a scam?

Yes, and a very successful one at that.

[div style="font-style: italic;"]So I just got this alert from them from my eBay that I owe them 36 cents from two years ago. I sold an item back then and now I'm getting charged for that? WTH?[/div]  
It may be a phishing scam...make SURE that it's from the real PayPal site before you do anythng.

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Lise

Yeah, it's the real PayPal site but I'm quite surprised they're charging me right now. It's just weird as hell.

Well, I'm not going to sell any more stuff on eBay or use PayPal if I can help it. Bloody scams...
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

Lise, I watched a program the other night about this.  Apparently, these scammers are sending  requests for payment or account 'updates' etc. that look very valid.  They are using the paypal and eBay logos, and are difficult to distinguish from the real thing.   They said there was a way, but I forget what it is (lol...big help, I know)  but hubby will probably remember, so I'll ask him when he gets home.  Don't do anything yet.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lise

It's legit. I would not have gotten it if it was not on my eBay website itself. I've gotten 'eBay' emails about asking me to verify who I am and to update my account. Those I delete straight away because they're spams. This one is legit. It had all the information down to a par... I guess they didn't charge me the last time I sold on eBay.

At any rate, I'm not touching eBay if I can help it. It's nothing but a very well thought scam.

Thanks for the warning though, PC.
Bill Cosby.

GORDY GAMBINO

Careful those ebay asswipes don't register a default and ban you like they are some sort of cooking forum!!

I'm banned from ebay for life .  lol  I bought at auction counterfeit coins which i was going to off load as legit but they wouldn't sell them to me so i abused them(as you do!) and the motherfkrs banned me!!!   lol
CAPO DI TUTTI CAPPI

Lise

OMG Gordy. Is there a forum or a website (other than this one) that you're not banned?  Maybe I'm stating the obvious but....

.... do you have something against the powers-that-be?
Bill Cosby.

GORDY GAMBINO

Lise wrote:
 OMG Gordy. Is there a forum or a website (other than this one) that you're not banned?  Maybe I'm stating the obvious but....

.... do you have something against the powers-that-be?

Banned from them all......lol

I am the powers to be and when i spank you with the french toast you will know what i'm talking about......wink wink!!!

CAPO DI TUTTI CAPPI