Reality Show Gone to the Trash!

Started by Lise, Sep 16 07 11:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Lise

Presenting the latest MTV production: A Shot at Love with Tila Tequila as the prize. 16 lesbians, 16 straight guys all vying for her love. Isn't this just the cherry on top of the pudding?

Not a very good video but this is the trailer for it: [A href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbVlI49KF6Y"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbVlI49KF6Y[/A]    
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Gopher

I thought all reality shows were trash.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

P.C.

My thoughts exactly Mr. Gopher.  (although I have watched a couple.  Home Makeover and I enjoyed the first season of The Apprentice.)

The ultimate trash was 'Who's Your Daddy".  

I'd like to know when our lives became so pathetic, that it became entertainment to peep into the private affairs of others.  Gives me the creeps.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Gopher

How much more dumbed down can TV get? Isuppose it's all a matter of producing cheap programmes which appeal to the lowest common denominator.TV progtammmer's should have more respect for their audience - however, I suspect they have very  little conception of the word.  
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Sportsdude

I thought my big fat obnoxious fianace was funny.

Only good reality tv shows I like are on the discovery channel. Mythbusters, Deadliest Catch, Dirty Jobs, etc. History channel has Ice Road truckers about guys driving tankers up in the artic circle. Heard it was awesome.

Those shows are fun to watch.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise

Mythbuster is one fine reality show. Some shows are good, actually most from the Discovery Channel are decent (with the exception of ghosts mediums... brrr.... freaky) but for the most part, you're right, reality shows are stupid. Anything to get a rating and MTV is the king of trash.

Problem is so many young people watch MTV and get influenced from the shows they produce. They don't think there's anything wrong with shows that show how petty you can be, just that it's cool to act and do a certain way. MTV may be the next generation but it's sugar-coated Jerry Springer all the way.

EDIT: Here she is, in case you're wondering what she looks like:

Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

lol I don't know who could get influenced from MTV. Personally I think that whole channel has lost its cultural significance. I mean the award shows are crap, nobody watches them. If you're 'cool' now there's an indie rock movement that shuns all things MTV.

Although I did find it hysterical when High School Musical 2 came out on Disney and all the tv watch groups were annointing this movie as a return to "wholesome family values". Then the lead actress has nude pictures of herself 'accidentally' released by a third party on the net. lol (they were taken by her bf who is the lead actor in that franchise.)

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

Wow, is her hair real?

For "REALity" tv, everything must be in its original form.

lazy Marik

I hate the way mythbusters is presented. At the top of the hour, they will introduce what myth they are trying to bust, fine. Then they will go in depth as to how they will bust the myth. Finally, they will try the actual stunt at the very end of the show. It sounds ok, but this is an one hour program!!! Why is this not condensed into 30 minutes?? I know people who only watch the last 5-10 minutes.
But it seems like wikipedia has all the test results, so I don't even need to watch this anymore!

Survivorman is good (that guy is crazy), Hell's Kitchen is good

GORDY GAMBINO

I would like to see her pull a daisy chain with the 16 girls!

CAPO DI TUTTI CAPPI