Best Zucchini Recipe EVER

Started by P.C., Sep 15 07 08:24

Previous topic - Next topic

P.C.

Well....for someone who doesn't like zucchini.

My kids loved this stuff.

Pine-ini

4 qts cubed or shredded zucchini
46 oz canned unsweetened pineapple juice
1-1/2 cups bottled lemon juice
2 cups sugar

Peel and dice up zucchini.  Mix with all the other stuff in a large pot, and bring to a boil. Turn down the heat and simmer for about 20 minutes.  Fill your jars.....process.

It's a great recipe to have when all your friends bring you all their excess zucchinis. (and there are usually tons)

Edit:  I tried it shredded once, and I didn't care for it.  When it's cubes, it tastes like fresh pineapples with the texture of pears.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

JJ

Yes, I've made that before very good!  My favorite zucchini recipe is zucchini chocolate cake.

Lil Me

That sounds really good, P.C.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

Yes, I've made that before very good!  My favorite zucchini recipe is zucchini chocolate cake.

Ahhhh.  I have THAT recipe too.  THE BEST.  Such a moist yummy chocy cake it is too.[/DIV]

JJ

The problem with chocolate zucchini cake is the green bits look suspiciously like another substance sometimes found in brownies. LOL

P.C.

LOL...yes, it does have an interesting look.  Probably not something you'd want to send the kids to school with.  

Lise

Sounds good, PC! I'll give it a try... trouble is, Lise Jr. won't touch her veggies!! GRRR!
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

Then this recipe might be perfect....because it tastes and looks like fruit when done like this.

Russ

1 zuchinni + 1 running water faucet + garburator = best zuchinni recipe.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Lise

Hey! That's mean! Eat your veggies, Russ!!1
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

ROFL......that's perfect Russ.  Zucchini as a vegetable makes me wretch too.