If the US President was black.....

Started by Lise, Feb 03 07 04:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Lise

Dave Chapelle's take on the US President. Really funny stuff. Be warned, strong language.

[A href="http://www.dailymotion.com/Aimz2/video/xnwob_blackbush-987mb"]http://www.dailymotion.com/Aimz2/video/xnwob_blackbush-987mb[/A]
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Vivek Golikeri

Yes, America may be ready to elect a black president. Yet I pessimistically believe that any black person who does make it to the Oval Office sooner or later will end up like John F. Kennedy. Dad told me long ago that Colin Powell gave up the idea of running for the presidency because of death threats. Don't know if my late father had his facts right. But recently on television, I heard that Barack Obama was "under special guard."

President Bush has said, regards preventing terrorist incidents, that "we need to be right every time, but the terrorists need to get it right just once." The same would apply in a black presidency. The Secret Service would need to avert assasins each and every time. But all it would take some racist version of Lee Harvey Oswald would be one single bullet finding its mark.

Michel

Not a lot of people still believe Oswald was the assassin. But anyway, it's not the point here. Alhough the CIA might want to kill a black president too eventually.  

Sportsdude

Jesse Jackson had death threats, Powell was worried so he didn't run because he saw what it did to Jackson. Now Obama but the funny thing about him, some people are saying he's not 'black' enough since he's a mixed kid and grew up with his white grandparents in Hawaii and his dad never was an American. Then he lived in Indonesia with his indonesian step dad and mom.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Hobbit

Hey SD, I heard that the blacks in America don't really want to vote for him as he's not Afro-American enough for them. Apparently his dad was from Kenya or somewhere. The black voters would have preferred a more All-American black candidate.  
-Hobbit
Make everyday a day worth living

Sportsdude

yeah I talked about it my earlier post:
Obama but the funny thing about him, some people are saying he's not 'black' enough since he's a mixed kid and grew up with his white grandparents in Hawaii and his dad never was an American. Then he lived in Indonesia with his indonesian step dad and mom.

He doesn't claim his 'blackness' until he moved to the south side of Chicago and married his wife. Honestly I don't believe he'd be in the race if Oprah hadn't endorsed him. It's all about Oprah.

For example when Tiger Woods won the masters back in '97. He went on Oprah and of course Oprah was like "The great african american golfer! Tiger Woods!" But Tiger immediately told her on tv that he wasn't black. He called himself caulinasian or something like that. But really he's a black asian. ala Heinz Ward.

Anyway after that decree by him saying he wasn't black, he was never asked by Oprah to come back and well the black community really doesn't come to his aide. (not like he needs it, his whole motto is that he's above race)

NAACP is a funny organization. Its name is the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People. Granted it was created when colored people meant a black person. But they should broaden the term for asians, latinos native americans etc. but they don't.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

GORDY GAMBINO 1

I hate that Oprah bitch with a passion.

She is nothing  more than a reverse racist bitch albiet a rich one.

If your white and a male you got no chance.

Personally i'd like to tie her up and give her the whipping she deserves.

Then i'd buy her a camel for her birthday!