Celebrity Rehab - What a Joke

Started by Lise, Aug 18 07 11:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Lise

I can't believe the places these celebs check in for their 'rehab' sessions. These places charges extrodinary prices then treat you like a king or queen. Private massages? Private spa-dates? Food prepared by chefs? What a laugh.

Looking at Lindsay Lohan, you have to wonder what kind of rehab did she really checked into? She got arrested this morning (August 2008) for supposedly driving like a lunatic and then blaming the whole incident on a man whose foot she ran over. How she managed to drive her SUV away with 3 men in the car, screaming for their lives... well, I will never know. How she managed to keep dope in her pants when the police found her, well... that's just the icing on the cake.

I would post you the link but I'm anti-Nancy Grace so I won't. If you want to, you can certainly find out about it on youtube.

Point being, if you're a celeb, check yourself into a real centre for intervention where  you're treated like an addict and given the proper (if not disciplined) treatment.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

she checked into an extended stay 5 star hotel basically.

I've seen real rehab and lol, celebs don't go to real rehab.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

Point being, if you're a celeb, check yourself into a real centre for intervention where  you're treated like an addict and given the proper (if not disciplined) treatment.

[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c011.gif" border=0]

Bang on Lise.

I  think half the problem stems from 'instant stardom'.  They take Jane Doe off the streets and within weeks these people are at the pinacle of their careers.  Instant stars equals instant money......too much money.  Half of them become known because of their stardom.  How does this happen ?  Isn't there a step or two missing ?  Where's the working part of working their way to top ?  There's no 'adjustment phase'.....just bang.....instant wealth.  

I don't know if this is part of the problem, but it sure seems like many of these 'kids' have no clue how to handle their new-found lifestyles.[/DIV]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Russ

I agree PC and Lise.. thats the clincher right there. Instant stardom with no idea how to handle it or the money; then they think they are gods gift to mankind and deserving to be treated like kings and queens. Theres thousands of examples of people like that.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Sportsdude

well its like the rich kids in high school. They're so rich and bored they start dabbling in drugs because they have 'nothing better to do'. Same scenario applies here. Young and super rich and bored. So they go to parties, lots of parties and they run into some drugs and its all over.  

Lise

See, I just don't get it. What do the parents do? Surely they can step in and slap their kids on the face? Give them a good talking to? It's insanity that they think they can do this and get away with it all because they're rich and a celeb. As in the case of Lindsay who shouted, "I can do whatever the hell I want because I'm a celeb". That girl has certainly gone off her rockers.

The sad part is, in this MTV generation, the kids who idolized these stars will think it's cool and so they think they can party and drink excessively without any consequences. I'm thoroughly disgusted with girls like Britney Spears, Amy Wine and Linsday Lohan who act like they're don't give a damn about what the world think about them.

I guess being stupid is in their nature. Perhaps putting them into jail (instead of rehab) is a good start for them. Nicole Richie certainly learnt her lesson.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

eh, the MTV generation are people in their late 20's early 30's. MTV isn't the powerful symbol that it once was. Yeah they've got "the Hill" and "Laguna Beach" but lol after that its not much. MTV peeked long long ago.