Odd Baby Name

Started by Schadenfreude, Aug 17 07 11:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Schadenfreude

[A href="http://technology.sympatico.msn.ca/Chinese+couple+tries+to+name+baby+with+the+email+at+symbol/NewsandOpinions/ContentPosting.aspx?isfa=1&newsitemid=22087021&feedname=CP-TECHNOLOGY&show=False&number=0&showbyline=True&subtitle=&detect=&abc=abc"]http://technology.sympatico.msn.ca/Chinese+couple+tries+to+name+baby+with+the+email+at+symbol/NewsandOpinions/ContentPosting.aspx?isfa=1&newsitemid=22087021&feedname=CP-TECHNOLOGY&show=False&number=0&showbyline=True&subtitle=&detect=&abc=abc[/A]

I wonder if they like the music of the artist formerly known as Prince?[/DIV]
"I used to rock and roll all night and party every day, then it was every other day.  Now I'm lucky if I can find half an hour a week in which to get funky."

P.C.

HA.....I JUST read that Schad.  I didn't know there were laws regarding what you can or can't name your own children.  (although sometimes it might be a good idea.....lol)    
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

JJ

I BC you can't use the name Jesus, which of course is a common Mexican name.

Schadenfreude

JJ wrote:
I BC you can't use the name Jesus, which of course is a common Mexican name.

Hey Soose!

"I used to rock and roll all night and party every day, then it was every other day.  Now I'm lucky if I can find half an hour a week in which to get funky."

P.C.

I'm going to name my next baby &E.  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/a035.gif" border=0]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

well hey I mean look at the bottom of the article.
[span id="intelliTxt"][span class="article"][font color="black"][font][font]"As of last year, only 129 names accounted for 87 per cent of all surnames in China"

that's nuts.
[/font][/font][/font][/span][/span]  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

JJ

And whats wrong with 1.5 billion people sharing just a hundred names?

Sportsdude

creativity lacking.  

purelife

Speaking of baby names, I read somewhere that the parents wanted to name the baby 4real.        

49er

Sportsdude wrote:
well hey I mean look at the bottom of the article.
[SPAN id=intelliTxt][SPAN class=article][FONT color=black][FONT size=+0][FONT size=+0]"As of last year, only 129 names accounted for 87 per cent of all surnames in China"

that's nuts.
[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/SPAN][/SPAN]  
 because China is not a country of immigrants.  In the old days, and to some extend today, whole villages have the same surname.  Also the fact that the chinese worship their ancestors.

Sportsdude

I come from a family of german immigrants 2nd generation. I have an old english name and my sister has an irish name.  

49er

Sportsdude wrote:
I come from a family of german immigrants 2nd generation. I have an old english name and my sister has an irish name.  
  So you and your sister do not have the same last name?

Sportsdude

oh last names. d'oh
I was thinking first names for some reason.
I'm there's only two males left in my generation in the world with my german last name. One of them is me and the other is my cousin. And my family grew up in a german enclave in Hungary where the germans didn't marry the hungarians etc.