HOW TO DO WEB PAGE

Started by Michel, Aug 15 07 01:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Lise

I'm wondering if anyone knows anything about watermarks using Photoshop? How does one do it?
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Michel

I don't do watermark yet but I put my name and a c in a circle with the year in a corner.

Sportsdude

i still find the topic of this thread funny.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise

Michel wrote:
I don't do watermark yet but I put my name and a c in a circle with the year in a corner.

Yeah, I'm thinking about copyright but they can edit the stuff out. It's easy to do that.

Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Michel

Hey wik, thanks for the saturday vcc classes info, awesome, definitly an option and I'm sure the boss will give me a day off during the week in exchange. Cool !  

Michel

Yeah, I'm thinking about copyright but they can edit the stuff out. It's easy to do that.

Definitly, and that's why I asked the question here. furthermore, it looks pretentious, and I hate that.

Happy howeber to see that our bolchevik-castroist-blue-collar-parasite-union-lover-SD-who-doesn't-respect-petty-bourgeois-imperialist-copyrights find it funny. [/DIV]

Lise

Michel wrote:
 Happy howeber to see that our bolchevik-castroist-blue-collar-parasite-union-lover-SD-who-doesn't-respect-petty-bourgeois-imperialist-copyrights find it funny. [/DIV][/DIV]
     Oh er... was there something I missed? An affair?
Bill Cosby.

Michel

hehehe I'm kidding of course.

Michel

If it's your goal to post beautiful pics....that's the quickest way to ruin them.  

I agree PC.

wyk

Oh, that's called a "watermark"?  I didn't know that.  Yeah, I see that all the time on celebrity web-sites.  Doesn't stop me from saving pictures though, but I can't make like a picture to hang on the wall, ya know, and is that what you're trying to prevent, people being able to save your pictures, enlarge them, and make them into pictures to hang on the wall instead of buying them from you?  Then for sure that would help you out.  

Lise

I've been to some sites where they won't allow you to download the images at all. I'm sure there's a tricky command for that.
Bill Cosby.

Michel

instead of buying them from you

Well actually, instead of buying them from anybody who try to make a living. I don't try to sell anything, but definitly would love to have a website as a hobby and as a tool to show my pics to the familly, friends and colleagues that I recently left back East since I can no longer show enlargements face to face). Also the website could be used as a platform to get contacts with others globetrotters and amateur photographers, archeology and history buffs, or just wildlife lovers (no I wont post hotties pics, the net has enough already lol) for exchanging info about travels in remote places.  

Michel

I've been to some sites where they won't allow you to download the images at all. I'm sure there's a tricky command for that.

Yeh Lise understand what I'm talking about. That's what I dreamed of : being able to post an amazing pic with good resolution without allowing anybody to use it for any commercial purpose.[/DIV]

Munra!

As Tehborken said, there's no way to stop users from getting your images. There's a jvascript that disables the "right click/save image as" command, but that's useless when all you have to is hit the print screen key to copy the image to the clipboard and paste it into an image editor. I think the best way is to scale down the images and set water marks to them. That can easily be done in Photoshop by creating an Action.  

wyk

Michel wrote:
Well actually, instead of buying them from anybody who try to make a living. I don't try to sell anything, but definitly would love to have a website as a hobby and as a tool to show my pics to the familly, friends and colleagues that I recently left back East since I can no longer show enlargements face to face). Also the website could be used as a platform to get contacts with others globetrotters and amateur photographers, archeology and history buffs, or just wildlife lovers (no I wont post hotties pics, the net has enough already lol) for exchanging info about travels in remote places.

Hmm, if you are not wanting to sell your pictures or whatever and if it is just for your  familly, friends and colleagues maybe what you can do is give the URL of your web-site only to them and put a robot.txt file in all your web-site folders (usually in the public_html folder) it cannot be searched by Google, Yahoo, etc.

(lol @ the Anti-Spam Bot-Stopper telling me to type barfed)[FONT size=2][/FONT]

|