How to know if a girl/guy likes you

Started by purelife, Aug 07 07 12:29

Previous topic - Next topic

purelife

Your answers are for Sportsdude.  He is taking notes. ;)

Gopher

And then he's going to publish a book on this subject.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Lise

I'm not sure. OK. When I was younger (hehehhehe) there was this dude who was working with me at the supermarket. I guess I've caught him staring at me a couple of times. I don't know why. I don't think I've flirted with him or anything. Just being friendly. It was very uncomfortable. I thought I was daydreaming but my co-worker started to tease me because she noticed it too.

I guess what I'm saying is... if a guy stares at you long enough for you to be uncomfortable, it's a sure sign he's interested.

I was told that if a guy gives a girl something (a gift) for no reason at all whatsoever, he's totally into her. Heck. This threw me off because I thought guys just like to give... y'know, out of the kindness of their own hearts? Gawd. I can't believe I was so naive back then.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

Awwww..... naivety is just the cutest. ;)  

Sportsdude

I do the stare thing, mostly because I'm too freakin shy to talk and then when I try to talk I mumbled and trip over myself. Its really embarassing.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

lazy Marik

Come on, we all see it! Just some things I've noticed:

- guy looks at girl while she isn't looking at him, she notices, and looks at the guy, the guy quickly takes his eyes off her... repeat (or vice versa) - pretty much what Lise said
- girl twirls / tosses her hair when talking to guy
- girl / guy is mumbling / stammering when they talk to the opposite sex
- girl / guy is blushing (DEAD GIVEAWAY!!! don't do this!!!)
- girl / guy stares at someone for an extended amount of time (too long = stalker.. people will not like this)
- girl / guy blinks faster when talking
- girl / guy touches themselves more (anxious, nervous, whatever) when talking
- girl / guy looks down when talking

Good luck with the book SD.

P.C.

- girl / guy blinks faster when talking

Interesting observation.  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c018.gif" border=0]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lise

girl / guy looks down when talking

Waaah.... really? I always thought it was bad breath...... ah gee.....
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Hobbit

The topic is "[A href="http://discoverseattle.net/forums/index.php/topic,5364.msg101428.html#msg101428"]How to know if a girl/guy likes you[/A]".

Simplest answer is to talk to him/her and ask them. Or at least just ask them out and then you'll know if they like you or not. All the subtle signals might be missed.
-Hobbit
Make everyday a day worth living