Apple iPhone Insanity

Started by TehBorken, Jul 01 07 07:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportsdude

lots of people return these high tech phones not because they don't work, because they can't figure them out. Nowadays it seems newer technology is just 'lets put as much stuff in a product as possible' doesn't make it easier which is what evolving technology is suppose to do, its now making things more complicated.

On that note I need a new phone since mine is falling apart. It will not be an iphone however.
That's another thing for some reason when my contract is up these phones start falling apart after 2 years. I think the phone companies make these things to only last 2 years so that in after the contract is up, you have to come back and buy a new phone.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

tenkani

I heard a commentator on G4 gushing over the "revolutionary" new iPhone. How it lets you take photos, listen to MP3s and even surf the Web all for only $600!!

I have a cell right now that I bought a year ago for $150 and it does the same things. What am I missing here?

Perhaps it's the lemming-like nature of the Cult of Mac?

Oh, I'm sure the iPhone has a slew of bells and whistles that I haven't heard of yet, but as people have already said, are they really the kind of bells and whistles that will revolutionize my life? I'm not saying that everyone who buys an iPhone is a mindless drone who lets popular culture substitute for freethinking but...Mmmm, Ok I guess that's what I'm saying.  
For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

purelife

Look at how complicated it is just to make a call on that iphone!  

Yep, after two (or less) years, phone dies and phone companies want you to upgrade.  There's always something better and faster that they want to sell you.  And in the meantime, they clear out the phones that actually do work well.  

Oh no, they don't want us buying a good phone!  OMG, what would happen if we all had RELIABLE phones!  

Sportsdude

they'd go out of business of course. My phone has really hit the fan so to speak. antenna broke and the "3" button is stuck. lol!

but yeah the iphone is complicated. You've got to hit the phone screen tab. then you touch screen the numbers. Hello? everybody has used touch screen pads at the grocery store. You barely touch those tabs and you double hit the number.

Soon cell phones will become like the electric tooth brush.
Do we really need all of this?
Answer: no

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."