New - Child Care Amount - Federal Gov't

Started by purelife, Jun 28 07 11:39

Previous topic - Next topic

purelife

I just got this notice from my Employer to send all Staff.  I thought that some of you may be interested in the information.  $2000 tax credit per child sounds excellent!

[SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 8.5pt; COLOR: #333333; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana"]In its March 19, 2007 Budget, the Federal Government introduced a new $2,000 child tax credit providing up to $310 of federal tax relief per child to more than 3 million Canadian families. In the Canadian Payroll Association's (CPA) budget bulletin sent to members the next morning, we anticipated this new credit would impact employees when filing their personal income tax return (T1) in the spring of 2008. Since then, the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) advised the CPA, and we are notifying employers, that employees should also be given the option of using the new credit (now renamed the Child Amount) to reduce their federal payroll income tax effective July 1, 2007.[?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /][o:p][/o:p][/SPAN]

P.C.

Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Devil

Maybe P.C.!? LOL!

this is a nice surprise from the gov....which makes me uneasy. Everytime the feds seem to do something right...there are strings attached!

Sportsdude

yeah this was the 'beer and popcorn' child day care plan from the Conservatives.  The joke was that this couldn't pay for child care itself only for family's beer and popcorn. Child care advocates wanted the Liberal plan which was better.  

Plus your kids have to be under 6 or your disqualified.
Its not 2k its 301 bucks btw

The government will introduce a $2,000 child tax credit to provide up to $310 per child of tax relief depending on family income.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise

There are always strings attached. Nobody hands things out without expecting something in return. Especially for this government.

Good to know. Thanks, purelife.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Russ

I foresee a tax raise somewhere else to counteract this.. maybe another needed gas tax? lol.

Still, I think this is a GOOD step in the right direction.. children and education are the future of this country no matter how much the government buries its head in teh sands on this issue.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Canadian

Sportsdude wrote:
    yeah this was the 'beer and popcorn' child day care plan from the Conservatives.  The joke was that this couldn't pay for child care itself only for family's beer and popcorn. Child care advocates wanted the Liberal plan which was better.  

That is your opinion. But I feel, the Libs may have been ok in some areas. But The Liberals really didn't do a FUC*ING thing to help a Canadian family!

P.C.

'beer and popcorn'

Not a big fan of these cheeky assumptions and generalizations.  I always think that whoever comes up with them (whatever they may be) must know a little bit about them.

Lise

P.C. wrote:
Can I claim for my cat?[/DIV]
     Yes. If the cat meets the following requirements:

a) it wants to run for prime minister

b) it thinks it wants to run for prime minister

c) it stands a very good chance of being prime minister

d) it already is prime minister but no one told it
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

LOL Lise.

3 out of 4 ain't bad.  I'll let you know how it works out.

Devil

I am not sure if we are ready for an intelligent leader?? Cats are too smart!

Sportsdude

The fact that the child care plan by the conservatives was ridiculed by the child care organizations for not being adaquate in spending speaks for itself. The plan doesn't work hence the liberals came up with the beer and popcorn moniker because the money was never enough to actually pay for childcare itself.  

Canadian

The Lie-berals come up with several clever slogans. They should worry about themselves before pointing the finger!

Until you have kids in Canada through the Liberal years, compared to nowadays, you really don't know what you are talking about sports.

purelife

Until you have kids in Canada through the Liberal years, compared to nowadays, you really don't know what you are talking about sports.

Agreed.  And it just amazes me even more of how Sports discusses Canadian politics pointing it out as "facts" when he doesn't live here.  One can read all that he/she wants about any country's politics but it ain't the same as living in the country and experiencing it at the same time.  

For example, those who have actually been through the health care system know best of how the government is operating in terms of health care than someone who hasn't, imo.

Sportsdude

I just remember the election and read up like any person would have on the issues. I didn't like and still don't like the Liberals but the Liberal's child care plan was better for Canada then the Conservatives. But hey when people like the Ontario Coalition for Better Child Care say 100 dollars a month for child care is an outdated model that doesn't work I tend to listen to the experts.

Plus just because I don't live in Canada yet (will in 2 months) doesn't mean I can't figure out that 100 dollars a month cannot pay for child care on its own. Child care is expensive.

And millions and millions of people around the world like to crictize americans on how they vote so to say I can't read up on issues in Canada seems a bit hypocritical. You can tell me how I should vote to run my country but I can't tell you anything? That doesn't make sense.

[a href="http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20051202/elxn_realitycheck_daycare_051205/20051205/"]http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20051202/elxn_realitycheck_daycare_051205/20051205/[/a]