1964 Mississippi murders solved

Started by Hobbit, Jun 19 07 03:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Hobbit

It seems strange that [A href="http://www.virtualvancouver.com/news/1964raceslayings.html"]1964 Mississippi racial killings[/A] are only solved 40 years later after the CBC filmmaker investigates and get the FBI to investigae. It says a lot about the fairness and equality of the American judicial system when Klu Klux Klan members get to go free for 40 years. Strange that it takes a Canadian to get justice for Afro-American victims.    

P.C.

It's good to see closure in this horrible case.

Having said that, the Canadian judicial system has got a long ways to go to even consider using the word justice in the same sentence IMHO.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Hobbit

I still think that I'd rather depend on the Canadian judicial system instead of the American one. At least ours isn't controlled by a political party.

P.C.

I have depended on it.......and it failed me miserably.  I'm afraid I have little faith in that area.

The slap on the wrist doled out for heinous crimes turns my stomach, and The Young Offenders Act  is a joke.   Paedophiles get sent to summer camp for a few months and released with same level of concern as someone who made a prank phone call.  It's just seems all grossly out of whack.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lise

Name me one set of justice system in this world that's fair and I'll give you a pot of gold.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.