Invitation to an Argentine Tango event

Started by margretli, Jun 20 07 02:37

Previous topic - Next topic

margretli

Hello everyone,
I would like to invite those who is interested to come out this Sunday to Granville Island for an Out Door Tango even. This is an annual event for the Tango community here in Vancouver. This year's dates are June 24 (this Sunday) and September 23. See details below.
[font color="navy" face="Georgia" size="2"][span style="font-size: 11pt; font-family: Georgia; color: navy; font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"]June 24 and September 23
[/span][/font]
[/p]    [font color="navy" face="Georgia" size="2"][span style="font-size: 11pt; font-family: Georgia; color: navy; font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"]Granville[/span][/font][font color="navy" face="Georgia" size="2"][span style="font-size: 11pt; font-family: Georgia; color: navy; font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"] Island[/span][/font][font color="navy" face="Georgia" size="2"][span style="font-size: 11pt; font-family: Georgia; color: navy; font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"] BBQ shed[/span][/font][/p]  [font color="navy" face="Georgia" size="2"][span style="font-size: 11pt; font-family: Georgia; color: navy; font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"]next to the Cat's Meow Restaurant and children's water park[/span][/font][/p]  [font color="navy" face="Georgia" size="2"][span style="font-size: 11pt; font-family: Georgia; color: navy; font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"]Sunday afternoon from 4:00pm til 7:00pm[/span][/font][/p]    [font color="navy" face="Georgia" size="2"][span style="font-size: 11pt; font-family: Georgia; color: navy; font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"]Free Admission[/span][/font][/p]    [font color="navy" face="Georgia" size="2"][span style="font-size: 11pt; font-family: Georgia; color: navy; font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"]Please be advised of the following:[/span][/font][/p]    [ol style="margin-top: 0in;" start="1" type="1"][li style="color: navy;"][font color="navy" face="Georgia" size="2"][span style="font-size: 11pt; font-family: Georgia; font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"]There is a 3 hour parking      restriction on Granville       Island until 7:00pm[/span][/font][/li][li style="color: navy;"][font color="navy" face="Georgia" size="2"][span style="font-size: 11pt; font-family: Georgia; font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"]No alcoholic beverages allowed      :([/span][/font][/li][/ol]Hope to see some of you there.
aka Jing Jing

Michel

Ah Jing Jing is still dancing. I remeber you from long time agon on DV.

Are you still posing too ?

margretli

Yes I'm still dancing, but what do you mean by "Are you still posing too ?" Do you mean do I still post over there at DV? Yes sometimes when I have the urge to...

aka Jing Jing

Michel

Hi Jing Jing, no I meant do you still do posing for photography?  

Lise

She's absolutely breathtaking in those shots. Very artistic.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Michel

Tango pic as a gift for Jing Jing :

Lil Me

Hi margret!  Are non-dancing spectators welcome?  I'd love to come out and support one of your events (but I seriously dance like Elaine Benes from Seinfeld).    
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Michel

Ahhh the kicking dance of Elaine...  

Lise

LOL. That was a funny episode. Love that one!
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

A classic for sure.

[img style="WIDTH: 303px; HEIGHT: 229px" height=262 src="http://www.seinfeld-fan.net/pictures/elaine/elaine_benes044.jpg" width=365]

The tango event looks like it would be fun to attend.  I love to watch good dancers.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

margretli

Lil Me wrote:
Hi margret!  Are non-dancing spectators welcome?  I'd love to come out and support one of your events (but I seriously dance like Elaine Benes from Seinfeld).    

Yes non-dancing spectators are always welcome too!!  
aka Jing Jing

margretli

Speaking of the kicking dance of Elene... The computer game that I am playing right now called Guild Wars, and in it, one of the player characters that you can choose does a similar dance, very funny. Here's a [a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlniNrTFwj8"]video[/a] of it.  And of course here is the [a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xi4O1yi6b0"]Elene dance video[/a].  
aka Jing Jing