Started by kitten, Jun 03 07 05:17

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

Takes cue from P.C. ;)
So does everyone here vote?  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

kitten

Of course.  I always like to know which idiot will supposedly represent me next time.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

P.C.

None of your bizwhacks.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

you don't participate in democracy P.C? How un-democratic you must be for the taliban! (sarcasm)  

kitten

What a shocking comment, SD.  A vote is supposed to be secret, and I'm sure that answer was a definite maybe, or perhaps maybe not.  Only the Shadow knows!

P.C.

That WAS quite the response.  I'm pretty sure I didn't say, or even imply that I didn't participate.  I think I just said it was nobody's business.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

kitten

Rightly so.  That information should only be given if you feel like giving it.  I don't mind saying I vote, but I won't divulge who I vote for.  That is nobody's business but mine.

Sportsdude

I just ask if you vote or not, didn't say whom you voted for.  

Sportsdude

kitten wrote:
Rightly so.  That information should only be given if you feel like giving it.  I don't mind saying I vote, but I won't divulge who I vote for.

I didn't vote for Bush.

kitten

But you see you gave that information voluntarily.  If you didn't want to, you wouldn't have been expected to, just because someone asked.  That is the difference.

Sportsdude

ah I see. I tend to put on a pollsters hat a lot. (I could be a pollster if I wanted to).
Usually down here its pretty normal to ask if you vote or not, I don't want to know who, just a general question like did you have pizza today or something.

kitten

Here it is considered rather rude and personal.  It really is nobody's business but your own.  If you offer the information, that's one thing, but to ask for that information is rude.  Around election time pollsters and campaigners phone to as who you plan to vote for, and I always tell them it is whoever they are representing.  They go away a lot faster that way.

Sportsdude

ahhh
I see, I see
Yeah I haven't had many democratic party folks call me much anymore. I wrote them a letter that I was moving to Canada about a year ago and they haven't emailed me or sent me anything in the mail since.

kitten

If you aren't there to vote for their candidate then you aren't much use to them, are you?  If they can't use you, they drop you in a flash.

Sportsdude

Yeah true. I'm probably not going to vote in the next U.S. election, just not into it. Probably '06 was my last US election. That doesn't really bother though. Politics here stink.  

|