Sleep Positions

Started by Lil Me, May 01 07 11:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Lil Me

Straight as an Arrow: 39 per cent of Canadians sleep straight on their side length-wise, in what's known as "The Arrow" position.
Men favour this position the most - 43 per cent.

Tummy Tuck: 28 per cent sleep on their side curled up in a fetal position.
"The Tuck" position is the preferred position of Canadian women -39 per cent.

Goodnight Frankenstein: 15 per cent of Canadians report sleeping on their back with their arms straight down by their side, better known
as "The Zombie" position.

Freefalling: 8 per cent of Canadians prefer to sleep on their stomach - face down into their pillow in what's known as the "The Skydive"
position .-  17 per cent of students sleep in the "Skydive" position vs. 8 per cent of the national average.

Hands-up: 5 per cent sleep on their back with their arms up beside their head in the "Surrender" position.

The Sleep Tango - Canada's Favourite Positions for Couples:

-   One for me...one for you: 44 per cent of Canadians who sleep with a
        partner report sleeping in separate positions.
    -   Side by side: 28 per cent of couples say they both sleep on their
        side.
    -   Lovin' spoonfuls: 9 per cent of those who sleep with a partner say
        they spoon (one person behind the other).
    >>

[a href="http://www.newswire.ca/en/releases/archive/May2007/01/c3144.html"]http://www.newswire.ca/en/releases/archive/May2007/01/c3144.html[/a]

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

purelife

What's your position, LM?

Lil Me

Tummy tuck, but I migrate and wake up in a Frankenstein.  Mr LM likes to spoon, but I push him away in my sleep, because he's too warm.

What's everyone else?

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

kitten

I'm an Arrow.  I get half the bed, and the cat gets the other half.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

purelife

I like to sleep on my side in a somewhat fetal position.  I don't like it when my guy cuddles up with me too, Lil Me because he's so warm.  So, we often just cuddle for a few minutes before we start to sweat!  hee hee... I'm a light sleeper and often wake up when he starts to cuddle up with me in the middle of the night.  I don't mind it too much but sometimes, I can't go back to sleep.

Sportsdude

a mix between tummy tuck and frankenstein. Except on frankenstein I have my arms out more not straight down.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

tenkani

Anyone use a body pillow?

Between your thighs I mean?
For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

Sportsdude

yeah since I was a little kid, knees start to hurt otherwise.  

purelife

Yes.  I did until I slept on a better bed. I used to have 4 pillows.  One for head, two for the two sides and one for the legs.  On occasion, I use a pillow for my thighs/legs.

You are not alone, tenkani. I'm here if you ever want to put me in between your thighs. ;)

Lil Me

I had a body pillow for many years.  Now I just use the herd of polar bears.  

tenkani

You are not alone, tenkani. I'm here if you ever want to put me in between your thighs. ;)

Um...somehow I had imagined it going a different way, but ok, you talked me into it.

For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

Sportsdude

woot that kid had tooo much sugar.  

Isis

I start off in the fetal position...roll to the back...fetal otherside...roll to back....half frankie in the morning!

My guys just loves sleeping next to me!

He's a cuddler too...doesn't go well with me either...he's too hot at night!
If you say "plz" because it's shorter than "please", then I'll say "no" because its shorter than "Yes"