Ummm, That's Not A Poodle....

Started by TehBorken, Apr 26 07 03:35

Previous topic - Next topic

TehBorken

[h3]Sheep sold as poodles to Japanese         [/h3] Thousands of Japanese people have apparently been scammed into buying "poodles" that are actually just sheep with fancy haircuts. The scam came to light after actress Maiko Kawakami showed a photo of her pet poodle on TV and mentioned that it "didn't bark and refused to eat dog food,". After being informed that the poodle was a sheep, police lines rang with other rubes telling the same story. From the Metro.co.uk article: [blockquote]'We launched an investigation after we were made aware that a company was selling sheep as poodles,' a police spokesman told The Sun.

'Sadly, we think there is more than one company operating in this way.

'The sheep are believed to have been imported from overseas - Britain and Australia.' [/blockquote] [a href="http://www.metro.co.uk/news/article.html?in_article_id=46730&in_page_id=34"]Link[/a]    
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

P.C.

omg.....OK.....maybe I don't understand the ways of the world, but wouldn't someone have to have been living under a rock to have never seen at the least, a picture of a lamb or a poodle?

(I want these people at my garage sale.  I believe I will be able to get rid of absolutely EVERYTHING)
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lil Me

how 'bout a goat masquerading as a Raging Poodle?  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

as they say, baaah baah, woof woof  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

pitbullca.bc

aaaaaahhhhhhh..no..that isn't a poodle...that is a pitbull....still same ending sound! ; )

Russ

They should have gotten goats instead.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

kitten

Are you sure that you want people saying that they got your goat?
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Lil Me

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

kitten

Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.