Inventions

Started by P.C., Apr 30 07 08:08

Previous topic - Next topic

P.C.

Has anyone ever invented something, and gone the distance with it?

I tell ya.....I think I missed my calling.  (or is it money I'm missing)

I've come up with a brilliant idea (if I do say so myself), and would love to know where to go with it.

Anybody done this???
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

my dad is pretty inventive always creating things for work related problems.

What'd you make P.C?

Whenever I think of something its always expansive like making cars fly or something.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

kitten

There must be some sort of government agency that you could apply to.  Maybe try typing government and invention patents or registry?  Just a guess.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

P.C.

I'm not telling.  (hahahha)

Anyways, a couple things that I came up with, eventually did come to fruition. (not by me) and not with resounding success either.  I came up with the idea many many years ago, after the first rare beef burger issue came up.  I thought that little 'buttons' of the same make up of the thermometers that you stick on kids forheads, to place on a burger patty on the grill, that would change a certain colour when it was time to be flipped.  ('they' all laughed)  but they DID actually come out with those.

My newest idea is MUCH better.  

P.C.

Here's another one I had.  

The lost art of sending post cards when travelling.  I thought it would be cool, if there was an electonic post card sender-er.  Placed near the check-in in hotels would be perfect.  You select your post card pic...type in your message, recipients.....and voila...hit send.  An 'actual' post card is then printed complete with message and postage and sent out with the evening mail.

I buy post cards all the time when I travel, but end up unpacking them when I get home.

kitten

Neat idea, P.C.!  When I was a lot younger and traveled, I would buy postcards from the places I visited and make an album of them when I got home.  Unfortunately they got lost in one of my moves.

pitbullca.bc

I was lucky enough..to do the same thing Kitten...not me doing it..parents...and so... I have a few..to remind me of different points in history..that I visited history!!!!!!

kitten

I wish I still had them.  There were pictures of places I visited, as well as others I didn't have time to see.

P.C.

I love post cards.  I can't tell you how many times, that I have bought them.....written them up....and then packed them around without getting the darned stamp and sending them.

Combine that with the length of time I sit twiddling my thumbs when hubby is checking into a hotel....I'd be thrilled to take care of that little courtesy while I'm waiting.  I think it's a goody.

An email doesn't cut it.  An actual postcard would be great !!!!

When we cleaned out my Mom and Dad's place when they passed on, we found a biscuit tin with the lid rusted shut.  We pried it open only to discover postcards from dad to mom from places all over the world. ( we never knew he had ever been anywhere, coming from the children should be seen, not heard era)  I sure would have loved to hear the stories around those)    

pitbullca.bc

I absolutely agree!

purelife

I have an awesome (well, I think it is) idea for our Transit.  Ok, so we usually buy our monthly bus passes at an authorized dealer like a 7-11, Save On Foods, Safeway, corner lotto stores, etc.  Well, I think that it would be great to have a vending machine full of monthly passes set up by every platform where you buy your single fares.  It'll be easier to just walk up to this vending machine, put in your cash/debit/visa/mc and then chose which zone pass you want to buy.  This would save the hassle of visiting a merchant and then being told that "we're all sold out!"

Sportsdude

you can do that here, I believe. I don't take the metro link because it doesn't come out to where the majority of the people live.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

P.C. wrote:
[span style="font-style: italic; font-weight: bold;"]You select your post card pic...type in your message, recipients.....and voila...hit send.  An 'actual' post card is then printed complete with message and postage and sent out with the evening mail.
[/span][hr style="width: 100%; height: 2px;"][span style="font-style: italic; font-weight: bold;"][/span]THAT PC, is a wonderful idea.  I love it lots.  

Lil Me

Mr LM invents crap all the time.  Nothing has ever come to commercial fruition, but he uses all kinds of weird crap he built out of scraps.  He lies in bed and draws plans for all kind of crazy things.  Gravel mines, methods of dredging the North Saskatchewan River, a soapstone quarry...

I'm married to a nut.  At least he's creative and always has lots to talk about.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein