Movies - General Discussion

Started by purelife, Apr 20 07 12:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportsdude

There's always some crazy asian horror flick on Sundance Channel on Sunday nights.
Weird films hot girls though

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

RejdzegejnstdwashM

I know it's a movie from 1998 but "Zero Effect" with Bill Pullman, Ben Stiller and Ryan O'Neal is something that I can watch for hundreds of times!!!! This dude Daryl is crazy, totally crazy...I love it!  

Marik

Can anyone list the best movie(s) they've watched on here? I'll start:

Tokyo Story
Citade De Deus (City Of God) has to get mentioned though.. ahahahah go watch it!!

purelife

Best movies or best loved movies?  

I LOVE The Prestige, The Notebook and Pay It Forward. :)))

Sportsdude

City of God is a good one.
A couple movies that I can't seem to forget or that it stays with me:
City of God
Munich
Children of Men
Motorcycle Diaries
l'Auberge Espagnole

Then scene wise, there's this one Flemmish/Beligan movie that's really bleak about bleak Belgium. The girl in the story is boiling this egg and its cold out and rainy. She doesn't talk for about 10 minutes but for some reason that scene sticks.

Marik

Both are good purelife.

SD, isn't Children of Men that movie where nobody gives birth or something??

Add Rush Hour to the list.

purelife

Since you liked Children of Men, SD, you'll love Equilibrium.  It's about a world with no emotions where they aren't allowed to show and share emotions until one day.... It's an AWESOME movie.

Sportsdude

yeah that's the movie.
Cool, I'll check that movie out miss pl

Orca

Hey purelife!!!!

Bourne Ultimatum (*die*) ... I just looove Bourne.

I've seen Spidey, it's just okay, I am not a fan of spidey since the beginning.

I like all the Pirates, though I hate the never ending pout of Kiera, why is she doing lots of pouting anyway? She did that on purpose (as I've heard her commentary) for what? as portrayal of British "Maiden"? :p      

purelife

Hey Orca,

What's the never-ending pout with Kiera that you speak about?

I love the Bourne series as well.  I'm not a huge fan of Matt Damon though...

tenkani

Saw 28 weeks later.

I had high hopes since 28 days later was fairly well done cinematically. Exciting, but with good character development etc etc. 28 weeks was a dissapointment to me. Not terrible, I just expected more. There were a couple holes in the plot that threw a monkeywrench in my suspension of disbelief. One of the stars was Robert Carlyle, who helped to make Ravenous the masterpiece that it is. But he couldn't pull 28 weeks up to the level it should have risen to. I think 28 weeks had a different director, so maybe the problem stemmed from that     :(
For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

Sportsdude

Knocked Up looks funny.

Orca

QuoteWhat's the never-ending pout with Kiera that you speak about?[/DIV]

She pouts (intransitive verb: to show displeasure by thrusting out the lips or wearing a sullen expression, protrude her mouth as if she was sulking)....

pitbullca.bc

I am sorry to hear that about 28 weeks.  I am totally looking forward to seeing it.  I went in blind when I watched 28 days...but...am not expecting the same bang for my buck from 28 weeks...as..days..shocked me..but my eyes are open now.

purelife

Shrek 3 is out this Friday!  

|