Budget Tips

Started by Lil Me, Apr 18 07 02:16

Previous topic - Next topic

Lil Me

SD just learned the secret diet shared by billions of people worldwide.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

indeed! I'm going to spread this diet into unknown parts of the world. revolution!

Next thing you'll know I'll be cooking with chop sticks.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Michel

purelife

Michel wrote:
What's better for health ? White rice, Fried rice or Egg noodles ? [/DIV]
 None of the above?  I think red, brown or wild rice is better for health compared to white rice....BUT, I eat white rice once in a while because it tastes better with some of the meals I make.

But really, how do we determine "what's healthy?"

Michel

purelife

I think fried white rice is worse than plain white rice.

Here's the order of what I think is worse.

1. fried rice

2. white rice

3. egg noodles

49er

Sportsdude wrote:
=
Food issues solved.
hahahahaha
and a cheap budget to boot.

I must say I feel healthier after going all rice all the time.

SD.........Next step, salted fish and chinese sausage with white rice

purelife

chinese sausage... lap cheung, right?  I had that all the time when I was a kid.

Michel

Michel

49er

aaah!  lap cheung and lap youk (cure meat) over rice, cooked in a clay pot.......a fav of mine on a cold day

Russ

Sportsdude wrote:
indeed! I'm going to spread this diet into unknown parts of the world. revolution!

Next thing you'll know I'll be cooking with chop sticks.

I cook with chopsticks. Its great for panfrying stuff.

I dont eat rice unless its with a curry or in sushi. I overate it for years when I worked overseas. Now I avoid it.

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

purelife

[FONT color=#ff00ff size=5]!!!OMGWTFDROLZ!!![/FONT]  That looks delish.  I don't think I've ever had that served in clay pot.... ...m...u...s...t......f..i..n..d....

Lil Me

My mom cooks that in the rice cooker.  
 Guy gook fahn.  With lots of dried mushrooms and lotsa ginger.I think the marinade is soy sauce, booze, sugar and salt.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

49er

Lil Me wrote:
My mom cooks that in the rice cooker.  
[SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: italic"]Guy gook fahn.[/SPAN]  With lots of dried mushrooms and lotsa ginger.I think the marinade is soy sauce, booze, sugar and salt.

Yes another favorite of mine on cold days........sometime pork spareribs in lieu of chicken

|