Started by Lil Me, Apr 12 07 12:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Lil Me

not that it matters...
 --

I was all over the map.
 Took AP classes with the brainiacs.
 Ran sports with the jocks.
 Generally hung with the jokers, smokers and midnight tokers.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

pitbullca.bc

yup...generally hung with smokers...and don't give-a-shit ers...
I was an angry teen...so I tried to stick with the don't fit in anywhere crowd.
Unfortunately...we were mean enough...to make fun..of "Geek Week for the Nerd Herd"

Lise

Depends.

I stuck with the oddballs for a bit.

The artsy fatsy ones.

Then in my senior years, I fell into the somewhat nerdy and everything in-between group.

I just had a deja-vu feeling. Wasn't there a thread like this.....?
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

AP stands for Accounts Payable?  or Advanced Practices?  

Uh, I was in the "loner" group in h.s.  I wasn't popular, barely had any friends and nobody wanted to talk to me.  I was shy, very reserved and lacke talking.  I had very few friends so kept with that group but I had always felt out of place.  Later on I made friends and didn't feel so lonely.

I wouldn't contact any one of them though.  I'm not interested in knowing how they're doing.

tenkani

*wrapping purelife in a fuzzy blanket*

It's Ok baybee. You're safe with us now     :)

Um..I was in a group of gamer nerds who somehow evolved (devolved?) into stoners over the course of a few years. It wasn't a clique exactly, since we never turned anyone away. We never had to. Everyone else naturally kept their distance     :)
For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

purelife

Did you wear coke bottle glasses, tenkani?  Oh, I hated glasses!

*snuggles up beside tenkani in my warm fleece blankey* ;)

tenkani

No glasses.

But I did have a "my 20th level wood elf ranger can beat up your half-dragon anti-paladin" t-shirt...for the ladies.
For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

Lil Me

ok- well, a warm welcome to all misfits and reprobates. *HUGGZZZZ* to you all

purelife- AP= Advanced Placement

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

I was the loner outcast who didn't really have any friends and always seemed to have too many break downs in school, got in too many fights etc. Picked on relentlessly. I never got why. They had to of known sooner or later I'd freaking beat them down to a pulp since I was 2ft taller then them. (through a kid across a room into a locker because I couldn't take the abuse from them anymore).

Then I went to this other high school, and became mr. popular somehow. I didn't know how to deal with it, and everything around me started to crumble. I went from being on the football team at the other school just so somebody would cheer my name at pep rallies (never happened) to the other school where the whole student body (600 people) said my name at the same time at a pep rally.

lol

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Russ

I was in two groups..  The smart nerdy group and also the mechanics group that hung outside smoking. Never was in the popular 'in' crowd that the 'jocks' seemed to be.

Suited me just fine.. I see some of them once in a while and I smile and wave at them as I drive by and they are still moving 2x4's for the construction site they are working at.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims