Interview Questions

Started by Lise, Apr 05 07 09:53

Previous topic - Next topic

TehBorken

Actually, their 3-step process goes like this:

1) They accept your application and then say to come sit down for an interview
2) the hiring manager talks to you, then he goes to the the head dude
3) the hiring manager tells the head dude to say "yes" or "no"

The whole reason they have a "hiring manager" (who is often just an employee dragged off the floor for a day to do interviews) is because the "head dude" doesn't want to waste his time doing interviews, else he'd already be the one doing them. He uses the hired help to do the heavy lifting and they give him a "yes" or "no" that he then approves (or sometimes denies).

People end up liking me the more they talk to me.

That's good, unless your objective is to get a job from the interview. You want them to like you, of course, but don't forget that the real reason you're there is to get a job.

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

P.C.

I make 400 dollars a week throwing papers.
So its not a negative as you make it P.C. plus I only got the job because my dad throws papers as a side job and makes 80k.

No negative SD.  I'm just saying that I don't think that an interview for such a job would be as rigorous as some.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Russ

Hoohaa? Did I miss something here? As a side job throwing papers he makes 80k a year?

Did I roll wrong in the game of life here?
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

P.C.

BTW.....lots of good info in your post of the interview process  TB.....thanks. [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/liebe/a010.gif" border=0]  

P.C.

It IS rather amazing.  Who knew !  

* that's awful close to 100G here.  There's no way a paper thrower is coming in anywhere half close to that where I come from.  

Sportsdude

Russ wrote:
 Hoohaa? Did I miss something here? As a side job throwing papers he makes 80k a year?
Did I roll wrong in the game of life here?

yeah but he works every single day of the year, doesn't get vacation, doesn't go on vacation. Its no fun. Especially since he's got a couple masters in different forms of music. conducting, choir, etc.

He could take a 100g a year job at a big church but for some reason he doesn't want to take it citing musical freedom or whatever lol. So instead he has he makes 30,000 playing in front of 50 people.

Basically he's killing himself, but he's too freaking stubborn to change.
Anyway mom is the big earner without her school salary we are in trouble.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

How many hours a day does it take?

Sportsdude

My dad's schedule
12am-8am papers
8am-1:30pm sleep
1:30pm to 11pm he's at church
11pm to 12pm sleep

He's been like that for 15 years 24/7 and it shows.
And somewhere inbetween that he helps with my sisters math homework (he's genious apparently 140 IQ never got below an A in school)
bills

Only job I have is taking care of grandma during the day, drive her around etc.

P.C.

Holy.....I had no idea it was a full 8 hour day.  That must cover a HUGE area.

Sportsdude

Yeah he throws 1,000 papers. I throw 300 papers and can do it in an hour and a half.
He does the Saint Louis Post-Dispatch plus a 300 paper route of USA Today, Wall Street Journal, Financial Times, Investers Business Daily and New York Times.

I do half of his Wall Street/NYT/USA Today route
plus my own route of the mentioned papers.

P.C.

So you're making roughly $40 an hour.  I'd be happy to be making half that !!!!

I have to wonder why you'd spend so much to go to university.....lol  

Sportsdude

Yup I make 42 dollars a night. Problem is I only work 2hrs a night basically.
But then whenever I want an actual day job and be around people and have a social life, my dad sorta black mails me with "your not going to make the money you make working for me during the day" (i work for him). He's right, nobody is going to pay me 20 bucks an hour but the job is killing me, only friend I have is the radio at night, that's not fun!
I rather work at a store and make 7 dollars an hour for 7 hours a day and be around people 24/7 then do this job.

P.C.

Your math is confusing me......LOL

purelife

This thread confuses me ;)  

Lil Me

SD- your dad sounds like a very hardworking person.  Most of us are like your dad in that we do whatever we need to in order to pay the bills, etc.  He's been doing it for his family, so count yourself lucky.  When you're living totally on your own and buying your own food, your opinions will probably be different.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

|