Help! Need to know....

Started by Lise, Apr 07 07 08:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Russ

Sportsdude wrote:
just take the broken brackets to your local Home hardware, Rona Home Centre, Canadian Tire and they'll show you were to go.  
   Home Hardware has next to nothing anymore and are twice the price of other stores. They moved more from the hardware side of things and now have things that are more like dishes or stick on hooks, rugs, etc.

Rona is ok. I would go without qualms to either Rona or Home Depot.. but home depot is like 10 minutes away depending if someone hasnt run out of gas on knight street again.

Canadian Tire? You dont seriously consider this place do you? I only use it for some coleman camping stuff when 3 vets doesnt have it, and I know what I want before I go in. You are likely to go in there asking for an 'L' bracket and they would hand you a hammer.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Sportsdude

lol I have no clue about canadian tire.  When I first heard of the store I thought it must have been a very popular tire store.  lol
Somebody was talking about buying guns or alcohol at the place and I thought to myself: Buying alcohol at a tire store?
Image went to my head:
Clerk: Would you like some Molson with your Firestones?

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

Not a fan of Canadian Tire.....I call them Canadian Liar.

They're always advertising stuff they don't have.  I only shop there as a last resort.

*no booze in Canadian Tires here
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

I just don't understand why you would name a company with the word tire in it and not conjure up an idea that you are just an auto parts store.  

P.C.

I guess the same reason they call Timmy Hortons, Timmy Hortons.  They don't sell a single Horton.

Wallmart.......no walls.

7 - 11....they sell no numbers.

Penny's.....Is there a thing there that you can get for a penny?

Canadian Tire does at least sell tires.....it's anybody's guess if they're Canadian tires.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lil Me

When my oldest kid was a tot, he used to point to the Crappy Tire sign and say "Watermelon Store".

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

actually that sign looks like a thong....  

Lise

Greetings! Thank you all so much for the help. Bless points awarded to each contributor.

I was at Richmond Lansdowne Mall today and happen to bumped into the Home Hardware store. I made gestures, I did say 'thingee' (A LOT) and the girl said, "Brackets. Aisle 13."

Thank you again!!! I love you all to bits!
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Russ

Did she point out a hammer first?

Or a screwdriver?
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Lise

Neither, Russ. She was the cashier.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.