Passwords, User ID's, Access Codes, etc.

Started by purelife, Apr 04 07 02:21

Previous topic - Next topic

purelife

How many passwords, access codes, user id's do you have to remember and for what?  

For me, I've got wayyyy too many to remember and I can't believe how my brain can remember all these things.  It must be the sardines I have been eating.  (actually, not lately... )

Ok, here are some places where I need passwords/user id's.  What are yours? [UL] [LI]logging into online banking/visa accounts/mastercard account[/LI] [LI]email[/LI] [LI]at my other job, we have a 5-digit code number to enter before entering (always seem to forget this)[/LI] [LI]debit card numbers[/LI] [LI]I have some websites affiliated with my day job that I have to access[/LI] [LI]ufile taxes[/LI] [LI]DS ;)[/LI][/UL] It never ends, huh?

Lise

Password to secret stash of tenkani's underwear. Warning: NOT VERIFIED.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

I don't know but for my emails and message boards I use the same password.  Probably not the best idea but for personal indification things I use different ones.

I don't need to remember the password here though, my computer remembers it.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Devil

purelife wrote:
How many passwords, access codes, user id's do you have to remember and for what?  

Password to Devil's heart: 'purelife'

49er

I keep track of three pass codes...

not very secure logins............like DS. etc.

so-so secure logins.........bill paying accounts, emails, etc

very secure logins.......bank and brokerage accounts, etc  

purelife

Devil wrote:
purelife wrote:

Password to Devil's heart: 'purelife'
*blushes*  Uh, want some of this avocado poutine, Devil?  Lil Me made it. ;)

49er

have you notice that some codes you cannot remember but your fingers can automatically punch in.........such as keypad codes on doors, alarms, etc

purelife

ooo...there's a name for that!  *can't remember it though*

Lil Me

exactly.  I enter so many passcodes and security PINs, but couldn't verbally output them if I tried.    
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

Funny you should mention this.  I have some hidden folders in Picasa that I can't access because I can't remember the password.  I have scoured the help topics and I still can't find a way to get them.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lil Me

oooooh!  the secret photos!!!  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/figuren/k035.gif" border=0].
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.