Paying the Bill

Started by Lise, Mar 28 07 09:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Should the man pay for dinner bill at every dates?

Yes
1 (14.3%)
No
6 (85.7%)
I bring my date to mom and dad
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Lise

What do you think? Should the man pay for dinner bills at every date or should the woman and man split each bill each time?

I'm of the opinion that the gentleman should foot the bill at the first date and then go dutch at the second or third.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

I think that the man would pay for the first date if he asked me out first.  I would pay if I asked him out.  

After that, we can alternate.  But hey, if a man is offering to pay the bill ALL the time because he is old-fashioned that way, then I won't hold him back.  It just means that I have to get him gifts or prepare some home-cooked meals to show that I appreciate that gesture.  I feel really uncomfortable if a man pays for me all the time.        

Lil Me

I never expected a man to pay for anything.  Was most comfortable with a 50/50 split.  That way, eveyone is on even ground.

Mr LM was the first guy that I truly trusted.  I even let him pay after a few dates!

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

I'd go back in forth
If I pay for the bill, I'm not doing the tip.
Then next time they pay the bill and I do the tip.
Then I'd pay for something else later.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."