Feminism 'could be bad for your health'?

Started by TehBorken, Mar 26 07 08:38

Previous topic - Next topic

TehBorken

Sounds highly suspicious, but who knows....
[hr style="width: 100%; height: 2px;"]Why feminism 'could be bad for your health'
[span class="artByline"]by CHARLOTTE GILL [/span][/p] For years, feminists have fought for equality, believing it is the key to a better society.  [/p]Now researchers have found that parity between the sexes may be bad for your health.  [/p]A study in Sweden, arguably one of the most egalitarian countries in the world, discovered that men and women who are equal are more likely to suffer illness or disability. [/p]Those who earn the same are also more likely to become unwell or suffer a disability.  [/p]People who have management jobs, male or female, were also found to die younger than those with a less pressured lifestyle.
[/p]They suggested that women's health could be damaged by greater opportunities for risky behaviour as a result of increased income combined with the stress of longer working hours.[/p][a  href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=444573&in_page_id=1770"]Full Story[/a]

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Sportsdude

hmmm its from the daily mail aka the daily hate mail.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Russ

So its promoting that women work less and assume a more traditional role?

Wouldnt men live longer if they worked less and had less stress as well?
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Sportsdude

If the daily mail probably had their way women wouldn't vote.  

Gopher

Wrong sportsdude, women would certainly be allowed to vote, however there would be a huge proviso to this i.e. that they vote conservative (or neo-Fascist, or something similar).
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Russ

Why is it that whenever I start thinking into things like this the theme song for clockwork orange starts dancing through my head?
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Gopher

What was it? I know it, but can't remember it at the moment.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Sportsdude

I've never been able to listen to beethoven the same after that movie.  

Replier

In the first place, the single biggest health risk most women face, and the one responsible for a whole slew of other health problems is pregnancy. So, if the idea is to live longer, don't have kids. Women who aren't feminists tend to have more pregnancies, since they are often denied birth control options. Being a non-feminist woman in India or Saudi Arabia is roughly equivalent in lifestyle and life expectancy to a Scandinavian woman woman from the 16th century.

In the second place, if you are a human being and wish to live longer, eliminate stress. Women, fighting for equality, and pursuing challenging careers may suffer more stress. They may also have more satisfying lives filled with more meaningful accomplishments. Any life lived along conventional rails and governed by moderation stands a statistically greater chance of longevity since its chief risk consists of death by boredom.

[P style="MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0in"]

P.C.

I've never heard this before.  Pregnancy is the single biggest health risk?  I've also never heard that women who aren't feminists are denied birth control.

I'm also curious who decided that raising children is a stress free life choice.  Hmmm.  Interesting viewpoint.

Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

here in missouri women can be denied birth control.  

P.C.

For what reason SD?  Are you talking about a religious choice or is it because they aren't feminists?

Sportsdude

pharamacists say they have the right.  So if you need contraceptions some girls and guys (for condoms) are out of luck when the only pharamacy in the county refuses to give you contraceptions. They go "too bad" and kick you out.

Since most of the hospitals around here are 'christian' you can't get emergency contraception if lets say the condom breaks or something of that ilk.  Best of luck is to go down to one of the city hospitals but you'd have to wait for hours.  The hospitals here won't give it to you.

P.C.

My point was SD, that they aren't being denied birth control because they aren't feminists.  What you're talking about is a whole different story.