Who Quit

Started by P.C., Mar 25 07 08:10

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Adam_Fulford

P.C. wrote:
Who has ever quit a job......and why ?

My great grandfather (google 'Pink Pills for Pale People') once said, "A winner quits at just the right time, but a loser never quits until it is too late."

TehBorken

Raging Poodle! wrote:
Twin threads, over 1100 hits within 72 hrs.
You owe me.[strong style="font-style: italic;"][font color="#bf00bf"] [/font][/b]
Lol, 1100 hits over 3 days is about 360 hits per day....most of the sites I manage run 50,000 to 250,000 hits per day on average. No offense, but 360 hits won't even show up on the graph. If you want to get technical, I'm thinking what I'll "owe you" is a bill for the bandwidth that was [span style="text-decoration: line-through;"]pissed away[/span] used on those threads.

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

P.C.

AF.....great grandpa was wise.

Well the first good nights' sleep in ages.  Something tells me that I've made the right decision.    
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lil Me

Yay!  So happy to hear, P.C.!!  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Devil

I quit several jobs. Especially when I was in the workforce in Vancouver.

Always quit to move onto something better mind you.

Gopher

Well done! I'm proud of you.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Gopher

P.C. wrote:
 I DIT IT !!!!!

But this is too weird (maybe).  Nobody said a THING.  Is this normal ?   Everybody was on deck today as it was meeting day......all managers and the owners....and not one person even acknowledged the resignation letter.  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/traurig/a015.gif" border=0] .....

Yes, alas it's quite normal.

A fool's paradise is better than none.

tenkani

Sheesh. That's not very classy of them.

Don't worry P.C.

You have your REAL job here where people appreciate you    ;)
For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

Sparkleface

I quit two jobs!!=D The only two I ever had. The first one was horrible, it was always busy, crappy uniform, the mangers didn;t know what they were doing, and I hate to work anyway, especially dealing with the public, always having to smile and be nice. Evan when the cusomers are rude/wrong and stupid. so I quit, and the next job was okay, I quit because they kept giving me too many shifts. I'm going to school and they wanted me to work 6 days a week, all day sunday, open and close. and like 5 every weekday til 9:30, I never got home til after 10.PM, after I counted the cash. So I quit. besides I hate crappy public jobs like those anyway. No more job for me until I finish college and do something I actually like.
Oh Hai.=3

P.C.

No more job for me until I finish college and do something I actually like.

That's about the best thing you can do......a job you like isn't like working at all.

*That's so true tenkani......and the benefits here are GREAT !  All in all, a much better package.

And I've always liked the smell of cat food......

lol

TehBorken wrote:
 Raging Poodle! wrote:
Twin threads, over 1100 hits within 72 hrs.
You owe me.[strong style="font-style: italic;"][font color="#bf00bf"] [/font][/b]
Lol, 1100 hits over 3 days is about 360 hits per day....most of the sites I manage run 50,000 to 250,000 hits per day on average. No offense, but 360 hits won't even show up on the graph. If you want to get technical, I'm thinking what I'll "owe you" is a bill for the [span style="background-color: rgb(255, 191, 255);"]bandwidth that was [/span][span style="text-decoration: line-through; background-color: rgb(255, 191, 255);"]pissed away[/span][span style="background-color: rgb(255, 191, 255);"] used on those threads.[/span]

lol, priceless

Poncho Liner

Ironic, my first post as a registered and it's on a thread about quitting! lol

I've quit lots of jobs. The best piece of advice I ever got was from a boss  who was also quitting. He simply said, "Don't feel bad about it, even though they will try to make you feel that way. If things were going badly here, they would fire people and then go for lunch."

Best career advice I've ever had!

P.C.

Another day behind me in that place.  Still no word on receiving my resignation.

OR ANY OTHER WORDS EITHER.   Hahahahaha....not a hello, not a goodbye.....NUTTIN

And you know what ?  Any other day, that would have tore me up.....but not today.  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/a077.gif" border=0]  

P.C.

So true Poncho.....so true.

*Welcome to DS !  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c012.gif" border=0]

Poncho Liner

P.C. wrote:
So true Poncho.....so true.

*Welcome to DS !  [img style="cursor: pointer;" onclick="url(this.src);" src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c012.gif[/img]
  Thanks! And congrats on the first day of the rest of your life! Well done! Life is way to short to be stuck in that kind of situation.

|