Messages DV mods don't want you to see...

Started by Moolah!, Mar 22 07 01:38

Previous topic - Next topic

purelife

That is strange.

Alrighty, 49er... raincheck then :))))

kingy

i think it is your computer. the 'black squares' is the little page icon. bascially, it just means there are more than one page of threads.

TFF

Never mind, I refreshed a few times and my screen is back to normal.  Looks like the black box was an icon that looks like the insert picture icon. I only seem them on threads with more than one page so maybe it's a "multiple thread" identifier?

tenkani

Good work, Mr. M.

I never understood the instructions to delete attention mods threads once the issue had been dealt with. Oftentimes I saw those threads begin to blossom into productive debate only to be axed     :(

I mean, it's not a matter of taking up space with a useless thread. If no one's interested in posting to it, the thread will naturally fade into obscurity. If people keep posting to it then things remain to be said, right?
For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

Wouldntyouknow

I love ferrets, especially ferrets named Raging Poodle!  

Moolah!

tenkani wrote:
 Good work, Mr. M.

I never understood the instructions to delete attention mods threads once the issue had been dealt with. Oftentimes I saw those threads begin to blossom into productive debate only to be axed     :(

I mean, it's not a matter of taking up space with a useless thread. If no one's interested in posting to it, the thread will naturally fade into obscurity. If people keep posting to it then things remain to be said, right?[/DIV]

My understanding is that those attention mod threads are left undeleted, so the admins can see the work being done by the mods.

I'd also understand if the deleted thread was an old one, so it's no longer relevant and it won't matter if it's deleted.

But the deleted thread was very recent.

Not only that, but it also contained an ongoing discussion which I suspect was the main reason why it got quickly axed.

2 important points were coming to light during that discussion:

- one was about mods' questionable behaviour tactics, in terms of giving preferential treatment to certain trolls and even encouraging some of those hate threads to satisfy their own personal agendas,

- and the other was the number of the people coming out, even at that time of the night, to complain about ongoing harrassment and hate threads about them.

I don't know if admins give a rat's arse in that place (in all likelihood not) but in case one of them did, saw some of what was being discussed and subsequently decided to investigate, the findings would spell out the end of their glory days.

*  Please unban me!! please please please  *

Moolah!

Ok, checking the responses in both places now...

As can be expected DV version turned into a little hatefest. (They're even trashtalking tehBork now!) LOL

So I decided to deal with the haters there, and carry on with the more reasoned debate over here.

Besides, this little tidbit I captured right before I went to bed doesn't inspire much confidence in me that what I say over there on this matter will be worth the energy:

[TABLE id=Table2 style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: midnightblue; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=10 width="100%" border=0] [TBODY] [TR bgColor=gainsboro] [TD style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold" vAlign=top align=left]modulusruptura[/TD] [TD colSpan=2][img title="" height=15 alt="" hspace=3 src="file:///C:/BKUP/icon_posticon.gif" width=15 border=0][FONT size=1]Posted - 3/22/2007 1:43:52 AM[/FONT]  [HR noShade SIZE=1] and on a new note, you should screenshot this thread as well, as I am tired of this line of discussion which just turns into mod-bashing when we are just doing our best with our donation of effort, we are not perfect

I am going to delete this thread shortly, you can keep your dv mod bashing over on ds then where they relish such things
[/TD][/TR][/TBODY][/TABLE] In the morning the comment above was gone...

*  Please unban me!! please please please  *

TehBorken

Raging Poodle! wrote:
They're even trashtalking tehBork now! LOL

[span style="font-weight: bold; font-family: Arial Narrow;"]That can't be me- I'm not nearly that good-looking.[/span]

[img style="width: 270px; height: 221px;" src="http://i16.tinypic.com/2ztjzox.jpg"]

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Hahaha2

Wouldntyouknow wrote:
I love ferrets, especially ferrets named Raging Poodle!  

Really? Ferrets are so cute although they got a sharp bite when provoked!

TehBorken

The "DV Phenomenon" Explained In Simple Terms:

My thanks to [a href="http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2004/03/19"]penny-arcade.com[/a] for the image.

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

P.C.

modulusruptura wrote:

"I am going to delete this thread shortly, you can keep your dv mod bashing over on ds then where they relish such things"

I wonder where he/she would have gotten the notion that this is enjoyable for us.  The only discussions here about DV are by people from DV and for the most part, for people from DV.  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/konfus/n020.gif" border=0]    
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lil Me

...by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

mr pomegranate

Raging Poodle! wrote:
 Ok, checking the responses in both places now...

As can be expected DV version turned into a little hatefest. (They're even trashtalking tehBork now!) LOL

So I decided to deal with the haters there, and carry on with the more reasoned debate over here.

Besides, this little tidbit I captured right before I went to bed doesn't inspire much confidence in me that what I say over there on this matter will be worth the energy:

[TABLE id=Table2 style="COLOR: midnightblue; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica; 10pt: " cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=10 width="100%" border=0] [TBODY] [TR bgColor=gainsboro] [TD style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold" vAlign=top align=left]modulusruptura[/TD] [TD colSpan=2][img title="" height=15 alt="" hspace=3 src="file:///C:/BKUP/icon_posticon.gif" width=15 border=0][FONT size=1]Posted - 3/22/2007 1:43:52 AM[/FONT]   [HR noShade SIZE=1] and on a new note, you should screenshot this thread as well, as I am tired of this line of discussion which just turns into mod-bashing when we are just doing our best with our donation of effort, we are not perfect

I am going to delete this thread shortly, you can keep your dv mod bashing over on ds then where they relish such things
[/TD][/TR][/TBODY][/TABLE] In the morning the comment above was gone...

Raging Poodle, why do you have to jump on every little thing like it is supposed to be so profound or something? I deleted this post, shortly after, when I thought about it and decided that I wasn't going to delete the thread... I thought about what you had said elsewhere, and figured "well, he has a point, what harm does leaving threads like that up really do"... so I changed my mind and left the thread

and to p.c. ... my comment about ds relishing these things is a bit tongue in cheek, as I know that most of you probably don't even look at the dv threads here...

tenkani

[TABLE id=Table2 style="COLOR: midnightblue; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica; 10pt: " cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=10 width="100%" border=0] [TBODY] [TR bgColor=gainsboro] [TD style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold" vAlign=top align=left]modulusruptura[/TD] [TD colSpan=2][img title="" height=15 alt="" hspace=3 src="file:///C:/BKUP/icon_posticon.gif" width=15 border=0][FONT size=1]Posted - 3/22/2007 1:43:52 AM[/FONT]   [HR noShade SIZE=1] and on a new note, you should screenshot this thread as well, as I am tired of this line of discussion which just turns into mod-bashing when we are just doing our best with our donation of effort, we are not perfect

I am going to delete this thread shortly, you can keep your dv mod bashing over on ds then where they relish such things [/TD][/TR][/TBODY][/TABLE] The fact that it crossed your mind troubles me,
and makes me wonder how many similar threads you've deleted in the past.
Guess it's good I left when I did otherwise this shit would be giving me a stroke.

For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

|