Purdys Open House 2007

Started by Lise, Mar 24 07 04:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Lise

This Sunday Only, 25th March 2007 from 8.30am to 3.30pm. Great for family outing (though I suspect it will be raining cats and dogs so bring an umbrella). Free samples given. Good stuff.

[FONT face="Garamond, Times, Serif" color=#6666cc size=4]"Purdy's Easter Open House" - Purdy's Chocolate Factory, Vancouver BC[/FONT]

[FONT face="Garamond, Times, Serif" size=3]March 25th, 2007[/FONT]

[FONT face=Garamond size=3][/FONT]

[FONT face="Garamond, Times, Serif" size=3][/FONT]

[FONT face="Garamond, Times, Serif" size=3]Purdy's Chocolates will open their doors to the public from 8:30am - 3:30pm for a unique peek into the magical world of chocolate making at the chocolate factory. This will also be a celebration of Purdy's Centennial Anniversary and 100 years of making premium quality chocolates. See you there![/FONT]

[FONT face="Garamond, Times, Serif" size=3]Where: 2777 Kingsway, Vancouver BC [/FONT]

[A href="http://www.purdys.com/"][FONT size=1]http://www.purdys.com/[/FONT][/A]

[img height=409 src="http://i13.tinypic.com/29bep90.jpg" width=572]

Making Easter eggs... this was a picture I took last year at the Purdys Chocolate Factory.  
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

wow cool.

Its easter already? wow time flies.  Swore last week it was christmas.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

arkady

The doors at Purdy\'s are the same ones they use on garages so everyone can come and party.

purelife

Darn....have other plans tomorrow... :(  ah well, it's probably a good thing that I stay away from chocolates........for now. :)))  

Lil Me

Oooooh.  That sounds fun.  Does one need to line-up outside, hence the need for an umbrella?  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

kingy

make sure you dont fall in the chocolate river.

Lil Me

or pet the squirrels
 or chew the mystery gum  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

purelife

Speaking of chocolates, has anyone seen Charlie and The Chocolate Factory?  

Lil Me

just the ancient one with Gene Wilder and the singing Oompa Loompas.  

Marik

Their chocolates are too pricey... those Pot Of Gold chocolates are much cheaper, it comes with more chocolates, and taste almost as good. But I guess they make for good last minute Christmas presents.  

Lise

Lil Me wrote:
Oooooh.  That sounds fun.  Does one need to line-up outside, hence the need for an umbrella?

Yes. Line-up starts pretty early, it took us about 1 hour of lining up and we started around 9.30am. Parking was horrible. Limited parking space so park a few blocks away. It's sunny right now so you probably won't be needing an umbrella.

It  was quite interesting to see the inside of a chocolate factory if you've never been in one before. The free samples (peanutbutter brittle, Hedgehogs, Easter eggs etc) are always a delicious treat. Lise Jr. got her face plastered with chocolate. She loved it.

Too bad we can't go this year.

I've watched Charlie and and Chocolate Factory, both the old and new versions. The newer one with Johnny Depp is not too bad. If you happen to like Tim Burton as a director (The Corpse's Bride, Batman 1 and 2, Planet of the Apes) then you might like Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I've always been a fan of Johnny Depp and thought his performance was awesome. He's always had a soft heart for weird characters.

A bit of caution: it's not really for kids otherwise you might have to explain why so and so has happen to the kid.....
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Lil Me

Did anyone go this year?  How was it?  

Sportsdude

Yeah Charlie in the Chocolate Factory always creeped me out as a kid. Couldn't watch it. Now I look at it and it's sort of a social commentary on life.

Funny how a movie geared towards kids has an adult message on life.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."