Tim Horton's Roll Up the Rim

Started by Lise, Mar 20 07 09:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Lil Me

funny.  it sounds like an invention for people who use letter openers and have dedicated miniature pickle tongs.

bah- says the person who organized the kitchen drawers this weekend and threw out a whole bunch of shite: candy thermometer (never been used), egg timer (don't boil eggs), rusty knives, and waaaay too many measuring cups and serving spoons.
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Russ

I want one of those, lol. Just becuase of the toy coolness factor.

what teh heck is a candy thermo Lil Me?

I also threw out a bunch of older cutlery.. but I wish I had more measuring stuff, Im going to have to buy some more soon.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Lil Me

candy thermometer= used to measure liquids at near thermonuclear temperatures- such as deep frying or cooking syrup for making candy.  And I do neither.

Cheap measuring cup/spoon sets at StupidStore.  That's why I had too many....
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Lise

[img style="WIDTH: 61px; HEIGHT: 54px" height=49 src="http://www.rimroller.com/images/animation.gif" width=120] Damn!!! I gotta get me one of those!!
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Russ

Lise wrote:
 [img style="WIDTH: 61px; HEIGHT: 54px" height=49 src="http://www.rimroller.com/images/animation.gif" width=120] Damn!!! I gotta get me one of those!![/DIV]
 Seee!!!! Im not the only one!

Lise

Russ, man... it's like the greatest invention ever invented apart from the tampon.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Devil

yes, what did females do before the tampon?

It would be like turning up the crankiness up a notch!

Lise

I think they wore cloth (before pads). Lots and lots of cloths. Then wash.
Bill Cosby.

WoeIsYou

Won 2 coffee's in 2 weeks, odds of winning something big, only good if you are 2 young girls that originally throw the cup away in the dumpster.  

Russ

Lil Me wrote:
 Cheap measuring cup/spoon sets at StupidStore.  That's why I had too many....[/DIV]
 Yeah? I actually never checked there.. I will have to, thanks! 'bless'

P.C.

Winners and Homesense has really nice stainless steel ones if you're looking for a good set, Russ, at a fraction of what the fancy cookware stores charge.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Russ

At winners? I never thought to check there, thanks PC.

I detest buying at cooking stores. I always end up buying too much and pay too much for little hunks of plastic.

purelife

Uhm, what do you have to buy, Russ?

Russ

nothing really important. just need more measuring utensils.

The last set that I owned, I used on fish chemicals so... um, yeah. I cant use them anymore.

purelife

Hydrogen Peroxide will disenfect ANYTHING.  Then, you can reuse your measuring spoons/cups again. ;)    

|