Idiot woman can't see what all the fuss is about

Started by Doh, Mar 09 06 07:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Doh

[h1]Make-up motorist: I was going on a date[/h1][div class="ArtContentImg" style="width: 102px; float: left;"][img]http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2006/03/maddockPA080306_100x110.jpg" alt="make-up motorist Donna Maddock" border="1" height="110" width="100"][/div]A woman who was fined £200 after she was caught on camera applying make-up while driving at 32mph has defended her actions, saying she was preparing for a date. (Oh, well then that excuses it!)
Donna Maddock, 22, from Mold in north Wales, was pictured on police video cameras with both hands off the steering wheel putting on her eye make-up.[/p]She she had wanted to look her best for a date with a man who has a girlfriend and child.[/p]Shockingly, she added that she couldn't see what all the fuss was about.[/p] [/p]"It is what I would call one of my blonde moments. I am so blonde it is untrue when it comes to things like that.[/p]"I must have looked like Penelope Pitstop driving along slapping the make-up on, but it's something all women do - I can't see what the fuss is about."[/p]She told The Sun she had decided it was "glam time" when she hit a quiet section of road on the 90-minute drive to her lover's house.[/p]Ms Maddock said she used part of her left arm to steer the car and her left hand to hold her make-up pot, while with her right hand she applied eye-shadow without using a mirror.[/p]Then she glanced in her rear-view mirror to look at herself and saw a police van.[/p]Magistrates in Pwlhelli fined Ms Maddock £200 plus £55 costs yesterday after she pleaded guilty to a charge of careless driving.[/p]She was also given six points on her licence.[/p]'Beggars belief'[/p]A spokeswoman for North Wales Police said the incident "beggars belief".[/p]She said: "A car is a dangerous lump of metal in the wrong hands.[/p]"You need to be in control at all times and Miss Maddock's actions beggars belief."[/p]Ms Maddock was pictured while driving along the A499 in Pwllheli in north Wales.[/p]According to the Arrive Alive road safety organisation, based innorth Wales, 41 people were injured or killed on the A499 between 2001 and 2003.[/p]Roger Vincent, a spokesman for the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents, branded Ms Maddock "irresponsible".[/p]He said: "It is frightening to think what could have happened as she was driving along without her hands on the wheel, particularly as this is such an accident blackspot.[/p]"She was putting her own life at risk and the lives of other people just for the sake of applying her make-up.[/p]"People seem to do all sorts of bizarre things in their cars. Nowadays, there are enough distractions without motorists literally making up their own.[/p]"But this does show that people who behave in such an irresponsible way will get caught." Ms Maddock agreed she had been foolish, but said all her friends had admitted to applying their make-up while driving.[/p]"In my eyes it is hardly any different to smoking at the wheel," she said.[/p]She said she knew lots of women who put on their lipstick while stationary at traffic lights, which is also illegal.[/p]http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=379360&in_page_id=1770&ct=5

CK

That is bad.[/DIV]What is also bad, some dork on Deerfoot (Calgary's main freeway), was swerving all over the road. I thought he was drunk. I passed by him and looked over to see what the heck was going on. He had his whole dashboard filled with fast food and was trying to open a ketchup package with his teeth as he was driving. LOSER!!

P.C.

Oy vay.

I was driving behind some guy yesterday who was wandering all over the place.  He was slowing down to  a crawl, and I assumed he was going to turn somewhere.  We were down to 40k in an 80k zone.  I couldn't pass on the double line, so I'm dawdling along getting a little ticked.  Then HE STOPS.......IN THE MIDDLE OF THE HIGHWAY.  So I pulled out to go around him (double line or not).....and he guns it.  I kept going past him, and he's yapping lak hek on his cell phone totally oblivious that I was even beside him.   ARRRRRRGGGGG.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

CK

Then this other time I was driving down a road on Vancouver Island. P.C. was walking down the road. Her beauty blindsided me and I came very close to crashing into a telephone pole!!

Sportsdude

I was driving about 100k down my local street/highway and a guy in a camry just I guess didn't see me and ran into my quarter panel (wheel well) anyway I was singing along to some songs on my cd player didn't even notice the guy ran into me. He was trying to change lanes.  I was running late for an appointment. So I didn't stop to collect insurance info.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

ROFL CK......Yer just too cute for your own good.  You should never drive when your blind.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

CK

P.C. wrote:
ROFL CK......Yer just too cute for your own good.  You should never drive when your blind.[/DIV] [/DIV]What could I do? You are that hawt!!!

primefactor

Doh wrote:
She was also given six points on her licence.

What's the deal with "points"? I'm not familiar with that system. Do you lose your right to drive if you get a certain number of them or something?

I wish someone could pass out a bunch of them to my grandmother and get her off the road. That woman is a menace, and it is VERY VERY difficult to get an elderly person to stop driving. I have no idea why they don't have mandatory behind-the-wheel testing every year or two for seniors.