The Google Phone

Started by TehBorken, Mar 16 07 07:37

Previous topic - Next topic

TehBorken

Oh boy, I bet this shakes things up.....but not necessarily in a good way. Google is on the verge of becoming Evil.
[hr style="width: 100%; height: 2px;"]
The head of Google in Spain and Portugal has confirmed that [a href="http://news.com.com/2061-10812_3-6167826.html?part=rss&tag=2547-1_3-0-5&subj=news"]Google is working on a mobile phone[/a]. "Some of the time the engineers are dedicated to developing a mobile phone," This could be the 20% free time development but publicizing that would be stupid. Obviously this phone could link in with Google Earth/Maps... it is a marketers dream for targeted advertising.

Although, I think there are problems with the whole idea already...          From a leaked press release:[div class="commentBody"][div id="comment_body_18373805"] [blockquote]At Google we are committed to organizing the world's conversation. Our GPhone (or Google Telephone in Europe) will be entirely free, as will its service plan, so long as you agree to hear targeted ads during your conversations. This works in much the same way that GMail or GoogleMail parses your e-mail text for its ads. GPhone ads will be audio ads, akin to radio ads but targeted using keywords taken from your verbal conversation, and with the option to call the sponsor. If you call a friend and mention that you'd like to make vacation plans, for example, you may hear several brief ads for travel agencies, with the option to call each agency. When the ads are finished (or your convenient parallel-call to book an exciting Alaskan cruise is finished) you will be returned to the conversation with your friend, who will have waited patiently for you. Even more exciting is that all of your past conversations will be searchable, using Google's innovative new audio indexing algorithms.
[/div][/blockquote][div][hr style="width: 100%; height: 2px;"]Screw that. I don't want my calls to be interupted by &^#%! ads. ANother bold new way to f*ckING ADVERTISE AND SEEL SHIT. No thank you!

And my conversations will be searchable? Hello surveilance! NO WAY, forget it, count me out.
[/div][/div]    

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.