PQ Leader Boisclair refuses to apologize for Asians remark

Started by Sportsdude, Mar 15 07 01:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportsdude

Its the fact that he made a crack at asian people by saying that everyone in Boston where he went to school had 'slanted eyes'.  Now if you go back in time with PQ history they've blamed the 'ethnic vote' for losing the last refrendum.  Then other soft nationalists have said for the french people to have more babies so they are not 'overrun by ethnics'.  

By using 'slanted eyes' even if you don't think it was racist or not in its context was a knock at asian people.
Then to say he said nothing wrong is horrendus.

He was signaling out a certain race with a racial stereotype.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

[span style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"] Sportsdude wrote:[/span][br style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"][span style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"] how do asians have slanting eyes? Everyone has the same eye shape never got the whole stereo type.  [/span]
[hr style="width: 100%; height: 2px;"]Uh, you haven't seen too many asian eyes, have you?  Not everyone has the same eye shape.  Kids who are mixed (half asian/caucasion) tend to have the mongolian-shaped eye.  Japanese and/or Vietnamese tend to have the slanted eyes shape.  Some have slanted upwards eye-shape and some downwards.  It's really NOT A BIG deal, SD.  Asians do have slanted eyes and we usually tend to have small narrow eye shape as well.

She, for example, have slanted eyes, upwards.  Lucy Liu has slanted eyes.  

Sportsdude

I wouldn't really call those eyes slanted. but whatever. I just saw it as backhand comment, I'm used to what Boisclair said down here.  Its implied racism. But I'm not going to change your mind on it but that's okay. :)  

49er

if someone calls me "slanted eyes", he better say it with a smile

purelife

yeah, it depends on his tone of voice, for sure.    

Lil Me

49er wrote:
 if someone calls me "slanted eyes", he better say it with a smile

--

Uhhhhhh Uhhhhhh gimme those Uhhhhhh slanted eyes YEAH YEAH

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

purelife

I'd love to meet 49er's slanted eyes especially when they are standing at 6 feet tall.  ;)  HHHHHAAWWT!  

Lil Me

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

purelife

Yep..he's 6 ft tall of pure muscle.... *drools* ;)    

Sportsdude

49er

Lil Me wrote:
6ft tall?  really 49er?[/DIV]
 only on a warm day

purelife

Spring is coming... warm enough for you? ;)

49er is better looking than Yao Ming. :D

Sportsdude

anybody is better looking the Yao, poor guy, he's a giant and not the best looking.  

purelife

7 ft 6, right?  What a giant!  He looks ok.  Must be tough finding him pants.    

Lil Me

49er wrote:
 only on a warm day

--

And was it warm at the nekkid protest at UC Berkeley today?

|