DS is Hot Now; DV is Sinking

Started by Adam_Fulford, Mar 10 07 01:23

Previous topic - Next topic

lol

Adam_Fulford wrote:
 Glad to see that people are leaving that cesspool of degeneracy and idiocy at DV and switching over to DS, a higher calibre and more intelligent forum.

^^^^stock refrain of your typical banned DVer^^^

hmm

around 10 regular posters here vs hundreds over there.

around 100 posts / day here vs thousands of posts / day there

...... yeah, really looks like this is the shiznit alright.

Lil Me

Quality, not Quantity.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

greycat

Yes, exactly. Quality.  
It is what it is.

Adam_Fulford

hmm wrote:
[div style="font-style: italic;"]around 10 regular posters here vs hundreds over there. [/div] [div style="font-style: italic;"]around 100 posts / day here vs thousands of posts / day there [/div] [div style="font-style: italic;"] [/div] ...... yeah, really looks like this is the shiznit alright.

It doesn't take a fortune teller to see where the traffic will head, how the tide will turn. DV is as is like Rush Limbaugh. He may have had his time in the fart-fueled light during the dark ages, but now, in the light of day, he's exposed for what he is -- a foul and putrid conservative slug with a trail of slime around him, just like Scooter Libby. In the same way, DV is exposed for what it is -- a cesspool of bigotry, hypocrisy, and stupidity.  I still hate George W. Bush and neo-Conservatives, and hated them even when they were hot, because they're bad for American and bad for the world. They're helping China take over, by making the world turn away from America in disgust. But now the tide is turning. I was right. You were wrong. Americans are finally seeing the light of day. DV is like Richard Nixon. DS is like John Kennedy. DV is stagnant, uninspiring, ugly, and hateful. DS, on the other hand, is vibrant, intelligent, and hip.  

Hahaha

Adam_Fulford wrote:

DV is like Richard Nixon. DS is like John Kennedy. DV is stagnant, uninspiring, ugly, and hateful. DS, on the other hand, is vibrant, intelligent, and hip.  [/DIV]
 DS is still too much like high school with a few select and popular students that take over the board, leaving little room for newcomes to make their presence known. I compare DS to York House, all hoity-toity and elite, while DV is like Gladstone, tough and messy at times, but good when it can be.  At least on DV newcomers from the old-timers to the poo flingers are accepted if they can tough it out, plus if DV ever became registered it still would receive far more traffic and have more diversity than DS.  

P.C.

I'm curious as to why anyone feels the need to compare them.

DV is what it is, as DS is what IT is.  It's no different than the Toronto vs Vancouver, Apples vs Oranges, Is This better than That  etc.   Why can't it just be left that people choose which forum gives them what they're looking for, for their own reasons.

[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/konfus/n020.gif" border=0]          
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

TehBorken

P.C. wrote:
I'm curious as to why anyone feels the need to compare them.

Lol, it kinda baffles me too. It's not like we're in competition with DV, nor do I want to put DV out of business, take their members, replace DV etc etc. It's just another site. If I wanted to compete I'd just register [span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 191);"]www.discovervancouver.org[/span] and start beating the drum. (Yes, that domain is available, BTW. Should we register it and make a parody site? )

So, I don't get it. Why people feel the need to compare them is a mystery to me.

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

tenkani

Light has no meaning without the presence of darkness, hay?
P.S. DV is not sinking.
I have a feeling it will outlast us all.
Because it's better    ;)

For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

purelife

LOL, I remember Hamburg starting up that [A href="http://www.discovervancouver.org"]www.discovervancouver.org[/A] (or was it .net?) and that site bashed DV and was basically started because Ham N Cheese was fed up with V.C.'s modding.  LOL  Then, it got hacked.  Nope, it wasn't my hacking skills.  Totally funnay!  ;)

tenkani

That was hilarious. Yeah, it was a .org site and stayed up for a week or two right?
I never visited because I didn't want him to have my IP and back then I didn't know how to use a proxy.
People think EED is bad, but hammie made him look like girlscout!

For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

Sportsdude

my local NPR station's motto is "Intellegent Talk and great entertainment" that to me sums up DS to DV.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

DS is a place where you clean your sins from DV. ;)  And a place where we all be nice and play the merry go round together.

LOL, Hamburg and Panhof...gotta love'em both.  Hamburg was a first class troll.  I know someone who has met him.  :)  Hamburg then ended up posting as Montreal guy.  A troll asking a mod "Is it okay if I post pics of ladies legs?"  LOL.  Oh, and everyone remembers TEH GUTCH! ;)

purelife

I wonder where NWO fit it?  The World is going to come to an end!  LOL

Sportsdude

I miss Gutch, so much wisdom in those giant red letters.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

|