DS is Hot Now; DV is Sinking

Started by Adam_Fulford, Mar 10 07 01:23

Previous topic - Next topic

DV is a wasteland

They call it the 'Scum of Vancouver chat' & 'Vancouver's Worst Forum'.

For very good reasons...

I am staying as far from DV as possible.  It is only trouble.

Most of the moderators over there have some serious psychological issues.

Beware of DV.

[table id="mbEnd" class="ra" align="right" bgcolor="#ffffff" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="25%"][tbody][tr][td align="center" height="25"][h2 class="sl f"]Sponsored Links[/h2][/td][/tr][tr height="7"][td][img alt="" height="1" width="1"][/td][/tr][tr][td onmouseover="return ss()" nowrap="nowrap"][font size="-1"][a id="an1" href="http://www.google.ca/pagead/iclk?sa=l&ai=BNoA0IOD0ReqYA4eqhQOa_viQCYPKwRmfy-nqAv2pk8wD4KcSEAEYASC2VDgAUIaFstL5_____wFg_Zj7gMwDmAHnc5gB8IYBmAG4kgaYAb6SBpgB95MGoAH5jsH6A6oBHHMrb3JnLm1vemlsbGE6ZW4tVVM6b2ZmaWNpYWzIAQE&num=1&adurl=http://discovervancouver.com/forum/forum.asp%3FFORUM_ID%3D2"][font size="-0"]Vancouver's Worst Forum[/font][/a]
The Scum of Vancouver Chat is Here!
Hated by Tourism Vancouver
[font class="a"]www.discoverVancouver.com[/font]
British Columbia[/font][/td][/tr][/tbody][/table]

tenkani

It's baffling to me why DV isn't cleaned up and the site held to a little higher standard.   Unfortunately, the concept of "cleaning up" DV that's in vogue right now involves stifling harmless free speech. I checked in the other night and saw that someone's thread had been deleted because they were asserting that a certain mod should be fired. It's always a fine line between order and rigid authoritarian bullshit, and several of the current mods have moved to the dark side IMO, at least where that is concerned.

They have completely misunderstood both the negatives of DV and (more importantly IMO) they have lost sight of what makes it great. At this point I don't spend much time on DV, not because of the racism (which I loath but can stomach), but because some of the mods and one admin in particular are shitting on the vibrant heart and soul of something I love.
For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

Orik

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

Lise

It used to be great before Mike took over the reins.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

tenkani

Lise

Hey, I was trying to be nice here, Mr. tenk-san.

OK. DV was better for a time being.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Orik

dv has always been a cesspool and we love it so.... but none of us really can stand mikes apathy ...

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

tenkani

Yeah. Mike is a dick tree but it was pretty bad before him.

It always comes in waves. Waves of racism and hate and waves of creativity and magic.

Mike is just worse because he decided to show up on the forums in person and make an ass of himself.  

Lise

The highlight of the story was when Mike decides to ASK everyone how he should perform when he went on the interview. That was HILARIOUS!!!

Then to write back and said, he'd gone and done pretty good despite the hottie at the other end. Guess you can see the professional level that can only come from him.
Bill Cosby.

tenkani

Wish I could see/hear that interview!!

Orik

i would like to have heard that interview too... i heard mike got castrated by the lady.... but he only those who heard it know what ahppend...

pitbullca.bc

orik...castration is a little over dramatic.  I heard the interview.  She painted a picture of herself being a self righteous bitch and seems that she was dabbling in threads that alot of DVers wouldn't frequent.  Mike did an alright job of defending DV.  Took forever for the story to air and then..they asked for people to phone in comments and then didn't air them.

Zoinkers

She should have gone after him some more IMHO. A better reporter would have done her job better, research more into DV and hang him by the balls.

Hahaha

Zoinkers wrote:
She should have gone after him some more IMHO. A better reporter would have done her job better, research more into DV and hang him by the balls.[/DIV]
 That would be difficult seeing as Mike has no testicles.

Moolah!

LOL. Maybe mikey should create a "Hate threads about me on DS" discussion and compile a list like I did on DV? [A onclick="addImg('icon/icon_smile_big.gif')" href="jvascript:void(0)"][/A]

[TABLE style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: midnightblue; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0] [TBODY] [TR bgColor=whitesmoke] [TD][A href="http://www.discovervancouver.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=146924"][FONT color=#0000ff]List of hate threads about me[/FONT][/A][/TD] [TD align=middle]Raging Poodle! [/TD] [TD align=middle]38[/TD] [TD align=middle]218[/TD] [TD style="FONT-SIZE: 7pt" noWrap align=middle]3/12/2007
3:06:57 AM[/TD][/TR][/TBODY][/TABLE]  

*  Please unban me!! please please please  *

|