1 (14.3%)
Will go if I can't get out of it
3 (42.9%)
Won't go under any circumstance
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Russ

what? pole dancing? hell yeah you can come to a party at my place <devilgrin>

misspitt, thats normally the way we do it.. a 'gettogetherbbq' at my place, to get friends together fro a bunch of drinks and food.    
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

pitbullca.bc

LOL...no pole here...oh wait...yes...but not moveable....it is out in the backyard with the dogs run line attached to it!

Russ

You still keep your dogs on a leash in your backyard? Is your back yard not fenced and gated? Or is it not adequate?

We just let the dog out into the backyard cause its fenced and gated, he runs around and pees on my things then comes back in.

purelife

Who let the dogs out?  WHO WHO WHO?!  ;)  

Russ

lol purelife...

has anyone read the Dogs of War by Roger Forscyth?

Gopher

purelife wrote:
 Nah, parties aren't for me.  I'm not a party-goer and the other reason is that I rarely get invited to parties because I have a tiny circle of friends and almost all of them don't party.  

The only thing that I like is having lots of friends for dinner/lunch or going to someone's place to hangout and such.  Rarely does it involve alcohol.  

I'd rather stay at home, lay in bed while surfing the tv instead or read a book.   .....

Not for the first time, I'm in full agreement with you, Purelife.

A fool's paradise is better than none.

Gopher

Russ wrote:
 has anyone read the Dogs of War by Roger Forscyth?

I'm STILL trying to get it, Russ.

A fool's paradise is better than none.

pitbullca.bc

Russ-  the yard is fully fenced.  Pits are notorious escape artists.  The run line runs the whole length of my back yard.  I only have one pit that will jump the fence though...so...for my protection, the dogs protection, the neighbours mental well being...the dog doesn't get left loose in the yard as she will hop the fence and galavant through the neighbourhood.  My other pit and german shepherd have full run of the back yard...lots of room to roam as they don't hop the fence.  I have a front yard and a back/side yard.  

Sportsdude

my backyard is electric fenced so the dog and cat can move around with ease.  My cousins though don't use anything but then again their yard is 200 acres of hills, trees, a pond, a lake and a forest.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

pitbullca.bc

have your dog and cat had any accidental run ins with the electric fence?  My yard is probably about 1 acre alltogether.   I don't own this home..so...fence modifications is out of the question.

Sportsdude

The beeper on the collar beeps when they get close to the fence.  

pitbullca.bc

oooohhh...I C!  My yard is too big for that.  Would be costly to put  a system in like that.  I have heard about a story of a guy that had a fenced yard with the same system.  He had a pitbull...the dog saw something that it did or didn't like ( pits have a high pain threshhold) and he jumped over the fence.  Well...the guy..not thinking....went and got his dog...and went to put it right back over the fence where the dog had jumped....and was attacked by his dog because the collar was zapping the dog as the guy tried to haul it over the fence.  Harsh eh?

Russ

We are looking into this for my parents place in the island. Elecrtric collars I mean. Their house is on a beach and they cant fence in the property at the front or rear due to local bylaws... and they dont want to have a small section for dogs only.

Have done a whack of research and the cheapest place to get it is Wallyworld. They say to buy a training book with it so you can learn tricks to help your dog understand where his boundaries are so they dont get shocked all the time.  

Sportsdude

I thought my dog would never adapt to it because he's not the smartest dog in the planet but he loves to be able to waddle around the yard and not be on a chain.  Its actually made him obiendent.  He used to go relieve himself in the house. Now he doesn't lol.  

Lil Me

I like casual gatherings- food, drinks and chit chat.  Backyard BBQs, drinks at the pub, etc.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

|