Russian Building Murals

Started by TehBorken, Feb 19 07 06:51

Previous topic - Next topic

TehBorken

Wow, cool murals painted on lots of Russian buildings. Full collection [a  href="http://sturman.livejournal.com/271320.html?view=1606360#t1606360"]here[/a]. Most of these are fantastic, I don't know why we don't do that in the US or Canada.

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

P.C.

I was hoping there was a panaramic view of a city block with several together, and there was.  After seeing each one individually, I was thinking a bunch together would look like a dogs breakfast, but it looks amazing.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lise

Ugh. I think I prefer normal looking buildings. Can you imagine walking down streets upon streets with buildings of various colors all the time? It'd be an eyesore, that's for sure.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Gopher

I agree with you,Lise. A few weeks ago similar mural have been appearing on our streets, from first impression they look great - but try seeing them day after day and you get the feeling that they're just an advanced form of grafitti.  
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Sportsdude

most communist states do murals.  Although Montreal's Metro has artwork throughout it.  Around here the old buildings that used to be warehouse's and such with 1930's era company logo's still stay on the building's when they are rehabed, pretty cool.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

I think they look lovely.  I'm thinking in a grey world, they would be a welcome sight.

Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.