Critters

Started by Gopher, Feb 14 07 11:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Natasha

Aye you blocked out the eyes. The eyes are the best part.

Sorry about your cat. Do you have others? Will you get more?

Orik

No others, I might one day adopt another kitten but that is doubtful. I just do not have the strength or health needed to look after another cat, let alone my house or my self.. So I do not think a cat will ever be in here. I can barely look after my self Natasha so it is unfair of me to bring a cat in to my short life expectancy.. Currently a cat has a longer life expectancy than I do.. Hell so do Guinea pigs for that matter..

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

Natasha

Aww    :(      I'm so sorry to hear that, Orik. So now there's only you at your home? Perhpas another pet would give you incentive to stay peppy and it would give you great company. Doesn't necessarily have to be a cat or kitten. I've read people with pets live longer and the pets are good for ones overall health as far as fighting depression among other things.

It's just a thought and a suggesstion. We hate thinking you're all alone. But good or bad, you still have all of us  :)

Gopher

Very true, Natasha....and as I wrote that, Kathy blessed me with eight points
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Natasha

Lucky you Gophie  :)

I rarely see Kathy these days.

Gopher

Yeah, she's fickle.

DDD

most women are ^^^^
God is great, beer is good and people are crazy!

Orik

I rather not go showing off my eyes .. I could of easily not posted the pic.. but pepper had a habit of sitting on my shoulders when I worked on the computer... I just wish I had thought to take more...

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

Natasha

Why do fish die so quickly?  I got 2 fish on Monday. By Thursday they were both dead. Hopefully the next set will live a longer.  

Orik

Bleach in the water Chlorine for purification.. I know 1 guy who buys bottles of spring water for their fish.. strange as it sounds.. temperature change they can go in to shock... the bag should be placed in to the aquarium and let sit for a bit, I forget the amount of time before transferring the fish to the aquarium .. lots of little fish will over eat so this can kill them, also tapping on the glass .. they are very fragile creatures.. those are the few reasons I remember reading about at any rate..

Sorry the fish died on you Natasha.. I to hope your next set last longer. Good Luck with the litte guys.

Gopher

Love should see them through.

Natasha

Orik wrote:
Bleach in the water

Bleach?! I've never heard of that before. I thought bleach would be too strong for them.

they are very fragile creatures

Yes they are. They don't seem to do much but yet they are one of the most difficult creatures to care for ..imo.

Sorry the fish died on you Natasha.. I to hope your next set last longer. Good Luck with the litte guys.

Thank you Orik. And thank you as well Gopher [img border=0 src="http://discoverseattle.net/forums/richedit/smileys/Love/3.gif"]

Orik

No, Natasha I think you misunderstood me & I failed to explain it very well.  
I meant that many places use Chlorine agents it helps to think that those Chlorine agents are like bleach in the water. This is all done for Water-purification before you get it at your tap.

You can try to dechlorinate the water by shaking it and letting it sit at room temperatures this may help the fish survive longer. Also how large is the aquarium & how many fish are in it. Maybe the fish are dieing because of to much Co2 building up in the water and you need to aerate the water of the aquarium ?

[h2][span]Properly Aerating Your Aquarium[/span][span class="rss-h"][/span][/h2]                         [span style="margin-top: 6px; font-style: italic;"]Published March 27, 2008 [/span]    [/p] By Robert Lashlee[/div]
 [div]In nature, fish live in oceans, lakes, ponds, and rivers. These  bodies of water all have large surface areas and sometimes large  currents as well. This serves to oxygenate the water so that fish  survival is possible. However, in an aquarium, the surface of the water  is greatly reduced. Therefore, artificial ways of oxygenating he water  must be accomplished through aeration. There are several ways to aerate  your aquarium and these methods will be discussed in this article.

[a href="http://www.ratemyfishtank.com/articles/104"]Check this link for the rest of the article[/a]

Natasha

^ You're amazing, thank you  :)

Orik

Natasha wrote:
^ You're amazing, thank you  :)
[img style="width: 49px; height: 49px;" src="/forums/richedit/upload/2ka828b2e355.gif[/img]  Your most welcome. I try my best to be helpful when I am not being a pain in the ass. =)

|