HOW TO DENY PANHANDLERS W/O INCIDENT

Started by Fed Up, Feb 09 07 10:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Moolah!

I was about to respond to you.... both privately as well as on DV.

TheAngel wrote:
i was posting my fireman stories but then i deleted them. :)

Why???? [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/a093.gif[/img]

Tell us what you did with the firemen.

Just like you got the cop to yell at them, did you get the firemen to hose down the low lifes in front the 7/11?

*  Please unban me!! please please please  *

Moolah!

[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/a130.gif" border=0]  That was the best top eva!
*  Please unban me!! please please please  *

Lise

Whoah..... y'know, I haven't seen a thread this flaming hot in a long time. Do continue. And incidentally, speak your mind no matter what. We're all good buddies here.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

TheAngel

Raging Poodle! wrote:
[p style="font-style: italic;"]I was about to respond to you.... both privately as well as on DV. [/p] [p style="font-style: italic;"]TheAngel wrote:
i was posting my fireman stories but then i deleted them. :)
[/p] [p style="font-style: italic;"]Why???? [img style="cursor: pointer;" onclick="url(this.src);" src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/a093.gif[/img][/p] [p style="font-style: italic;"]Tell us what you did with the firemen.[/p] [p style="font-style: italic;"]Just like you got the cop to yell at them, did you get the firemen to hose down the low lifes in front the 7/11? [/p] [p style="font-style: italic;"][/p]
[/p][span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 191); font-weight: bold;"]He would have done that for me, too.  [/span][img style="color: rgb(0, 0, 191); font-weight: bold;" src="richedit/smileys/Teasing/12.gif[/img][span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 191); font-weight: bold;"]  Oh man, you have no idea!!! Poor kid.. He tried so hard.   :)[/span]
[/p]

Marik

I don't get it... why are you so bitter Raging Poodle? You seem bitter here, and on DV. Bad day?  

Poo's buddy

Raging Poodle! wrote:
Ha ha ha. Even dear ol' poolife got in on the action!  

I am just amazed someone as gimpish as mooorah knows how to use a computer?!!!?

P.C.

There's definitely a 'charged atmosphere' on here today.  Full moon ?
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

ripper

f*ck these so called homeless. They're all scammers. Real homeless people don't ask for money. Ever hear of the "shaky lady".

P.C.

Your compassion is heart warming.

Too many people are only a pay cheque or two from trading their roof for an alley.  Be careful what you wish for these people.    

Lise

I agree that there are some individuals who are not homeless but who take full advantage of the homeless situation. I don't see the reason why a young person who has full use of his or her hands and relatively 'healthy' should be begging for change when you could use the time to search for jobs. In the time you spend asking for spare change you could be doing work and getting $$.

On the other hand, I guess it's kinda hard to past judgement on these people without knowing their background. I try not to but you can't help it. Maybe next time I should be more symphathetic and learn not to judge a book by its cover.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

There's no doubt there are people on the streets for no other reason than bad choices, and are simply lacking ambition.  I have less empathy for these people.  Trouble is, how do you know which is which or who is who.  I just have to believe that who in their right mind would choose living in the street and eating someone elses garbage unless there were some serious issues.

I've had experiences where I've gone into the nearest deli, and bought a good meal, and given it to someone who had just asked me for money for food, only to have it thrown in my face or given money only to be told 'is that all?'.  A little discouraging to say the least, but those experiences are from only a few.  Another person may have been very greatful.  I don't know.  I don't like being approached....but mainly because it frightens me.

Gopher

I work with these people nearly all the time, most are o.k. and almost all have tragic backgrounds. Once you get on first name terms with them, you begin to see beyond the outward impression.

In almost all cases the root cause is family breakdown.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Whitey Ford

[FONT size=2]Thank you Gopher! For some sense![/FONT]

[FONT size=4][/FONT]

[FONT size=4]We've all seen the man at the liquor store beggin' for your change
The hair on his face is dirty, dreadlocked and full of mange
He ask the man for what he could spare with shame in his eyes
Get a job you f*ckin' slob's all he replied[/FONT]

[FONT size=4][/FONT]

[FONT size=4]Mary got pregnant from a kid named Tom who said he was in love
He said don't worry about a thing baby doll I'm the man you've been dreamin' of
But three months later he said he won't date her or return her call
And she sweared god damn if I find that man I'm cuttin' off his balls
And then she heads for the clinic and she gets some static walkin' through the doors
They call her a killer, and they call her a sinner, and they call her a whore
God forbid you ever had to walk a mile in her shoes
'Cause then you really might know what it's like to have to choose[/FONT]

[FONT size=4]Then you really might know what it's like [/FONT][/DIV][FONT size=4]
I've seen a rich man beg
I've seen a good man sin
I've seen a tough man cry
I've seen a loser win
And a sad man grin
I heard an honest man lie
I've seen the good side of bad
And the down side of up
And everything between
I licked the silver spoon
Drank from the golden cup
Smoked the finest green

I stroked daddies dimes at least a couple of times
Before I broke there heart
You know where it ends
Yo, it usually depends on where you start
I knew this kid named Max
He used to get fat stacks out on the corner with drugs
He liked to hang out late at night
Liked to get shit faced
And keep pace with thugs
Until late one night there was a big gun fight
Max lost his head
He pulled out his chrome .45
Talked some shit
And wound up dead
Now his wife and his kids are caught in the midst of all of his pain
You know it comes that way
At least that's what they say when you play the game
God forbid you ever had to wake up to hear the news
'Cause then you really might know what it's like to have to lose
Then you really might know what it's like
To have to lose...
[/FONT]
[SCRIPT type=text/XXXXscript][!-- google_ad_client = "pub-5936235104794281"; google_alternate_ad_url = "http://www.lyricsdomain.com/collapseads.html"; google_ad_width = 336; google_ad_height = 280; google_ad_format = "336x280_as"; google_ad_type = "text_image"; google_ad_channel ="6466740358"; google_color_border = "FFFFFF"; google_color_bg = "FFFFFF"; google_color_link = "FF6000"; google_color_url = "000000"; google_color_text = "000000"; //--][/SCRIPT]  [SCRIPT src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js" type=text/XXXXscript][/SCRIPT]

Russ

Thats a good song.. Everlast isnt it? Pretty bad I cant remember, I have the CD, lol.

I agree with you gopher.. I hear stories about some of the street people from a buddy of mine, he works at a homeless shelter and does counseling. Some of the stories are really sad.

That being said, they are in a rut.. I like the suggestion of all of them being rounded up and taken off the street to an isolated place away from the city so they can be cleaned up and kept drug and alcohol free for at least three months.. then give them a job and a place to stay when they are admitted out.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

49er

I don't know what the conditions are like in Seattle and Vancouver but here in the Bay Area there are many church groups, organizations and public assistant programs that are making food and lodging available to the homeless.  Many turned down these assistances because they do not want to participate in rehabilitation programs or follow rules in the shelters.

I help the unfortunate by donating to many of these community programs or to needy families.  I really feel strongly that giving to panhandlers is not helping them or the community.

|