What are you listening to now?

Started by Lise, Feb 07 07 09:56

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lil Me

You are so emo.

Listening to Joe Jackson's Steppin Out.  Needed to use MrLM's computer for this.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

haha.

Its a conversation piece waiting to happen if people get bored and start looking at other people's ipods. I have funny play list titles for a reason.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Orik

[a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOKMxMjc8Mk"]Ultravox - Dancing With Tears In My Eyes[/a]
 Like omg i was only a tadpole, 12 yo when i first kissed ummm i forgot the girls name  
t hen a couple of years later @ that first mixer party, same song, different girl, hell different place too,  i was like 14 years old at that time and the girls name.was...[img style="width: 22px; height: 22px;" src="http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn247/androide42/smilies/goldies/th_blush.gif[/img]... well you never forget your first they say, nor have I forgotten her name... nor will I ever tell it...  right ... ahem... on to other matters now...  besides a gentleman never kisses and tells.

all this was 24 years ago, holy snap that is a long time past, and fraternization was a real big issue back then, except for those Friday night dance partys.

Sheesh then 2 months later some time in September listening to this on 1040 kicks, 14 years old and first time getting drunk on a shit mix... (a little of this a little of that)   all added to a bottle shake up add coke drink till u fall down... , yegads talk about old stir the pot memories... then some bastard calling your old man to drag ur drunk falling down you can't stand up ass home cause your to drunk to even safely walk home at this time.

Nice song choice lil_me  if u want a free sound blaster, sound card i have a half height one, its a few years old but it does still work... that Joe Jackson song [a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnbj0w8iOeM"]Stepping Out[/a], just a wee bit to mellow for me today.

this is a bit more my speed today [a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=el66jnuItYc"]Joe Jackson - I'm The Man[/a] i need something upbeat to keep me alive today... 8 hours sleep total in the past 96 hrs i am drained and feeling dead, but just can not sleep. under to much stress worried about what im gonna do next...  my computer melted down, on a begged borrowed machine till i get enough to put together till my taxes come in to buy new cpu ...
Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

Lil Me

Um, would I just plug in the sound card, or do I need to download a driver for it?  I'm tempted to just go without sound because the computer is an ancient piece of junk.  It's still useful for text-based applications, like email and QuickBooks, but that's it.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Michel

Michel

P.C.

Pretty !

I love that song....Black Velvet Band.  It makes me feel Irish.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Orik

nice song choice michel but u realy need to putthe title of things on the links so folks know what to click hahaaha

try this way my friend

[a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hx3ZSqDE9Jg"]The Dubliners - Dirty Old Town[/a]

[a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cnzstOtW2k&feature=related%20"]The Dubliners - Black Velvet Band[/a]

[a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzqH0fnaaOc"]My Youngest Son Came Home Today -The Feddigans[/a]

and for what i am listening to not particularly saint patty's day related but awesome music all the same thanks to a certain curly haired brunette for addicting me to this  hehehe

[h1][a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4mskaR3OzE"]Deep Forest - Deep Forest[/a][/h1]  
Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

Orik

and

this song by [a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvnVdMpgQOk"][font style="color: rgb(255, 0, 255);" size="5"]Deep Forest - Sweet Lullaby[/font][/a] is astounding i don't know if i want to weep or laugh or just cry my aching heart out it is magnificent beyond basic words.

[span]Sasi sasi o to aro aro
O angi si nau boroi amu
Ni ma oe e fasi korona
Dolali dasa na, lao dai afuimae
Afuta guau mauri, Afuta wela inomae

Sasi sasi ae o angisi nau
Boroi nima oe e fasi koro na
Dolali dasa na, lao dai afuimae
Afuta guau mauri, Afuta wela inomae  
Young brother, young brother you be quiet
Although you are crying to me
Your father has left us
He has gone to the place of the dead
Protect the head of the living, Protect the orphan child

Young brother, young brother hey? although you are crying to me
Your father has left us
He has gone to the place of the dead
Protect the head of the living, protect the orphan child  
Interpreting the Song:

This interpretation and lyrics come from one very old lady, living in Fataleka (one of the Solomon Islands), as translated by her grandchildren. The song is said to be very old and hence the new generation does not understand every word.

The song is about a young child crying because he does not see his father with the family. In response his elder sister sung this song to comfort as well as tell him the reality, with an appeal for their deceased father to protect this child in the land of the living (local ancient belief is that the dead care for loved ones they left behind).

The old woman also said that the sample, if listened to carefully, used some words and sounds that were added to make it sound more melo. Expression of some words twice, as well pronounciation of most of the words are different from that of normal conversation. Eg. 'O' should be OE', Angiangi should be angisi. This is very common with local traditional songs.

Thanks to the people of the Solomon Islands for the lyrics, translation, and interpretation [/span]

Edit Link Fixed,

Michel

Michel

P.C.

.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Gopher

Two people talking in Turkish.  
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Orik

take ur pic of songs today i am on a looped play list . off and on, right now two and a half men reruns on tv. but when not listening to the tv i start up with the play list from where i left off

01 - Eminem Ft Dr Dre And 50 Cent - Crack A Bottle mp3
02 - Kanye West - Heartless mp3
03 - Lady Gaga Ft Colby Odonis - Just Dance mp3
04 - Kelly Clarkson - My Life Would Suck Without You mp3
05 - Beyonce - Single Ladies (put A Ring On It) mp3
06 - All-american Rejects - Gives You Hell mp3
07 - Taylor Swift - Love Story mp3
08 - Fray - You Found Me mp3
09 - T.i Ft Justin Timberlake - Dead And Gone mp3
10 - Jason Mraz - Im Yours mp3
11 - Britney Spears - Circus mp3
12 - Lady Gaga - Poker Face mp3
13 - T.i. Ft Rhianna - Live Your Life mp3
14 - Ne-yo - Mad mp3
15 - Lil Wayne - Prom Queen mp3
16 - Pussycat Dolls - I Hate This Part mp3
17 - Pink - Sober mp3
18 - Kevin Rudolf Ft Lil Wayne - Let It Rock mp3
19 - Katy Perry - Hot N Cold mp3
20 - Beyonce - Diva mp3
21 - Akon Ft Colby Odonis And Kardinal Offishall - Beautiful mp3
22 - Soulja Boy Ft Sammie - Kiss Me Thru The Phone mp3
23 - Keri Hilson Ft. Lil Wayne - Turning Me On mp3
24 - Coldplay - Viva La Vida mp3
25 - Britney Spears - Womanizer mp3
26 - Jamie Foxx Ft T-pain - Blame It mp3
27 - Nickelback - Gotta Be Somebody mp3
28 - Veronicas - Untouched mp3
29 - Katy Perry - Thinking Of You mp3
30 - T.i. - Whatever You Like mp3
31 - Pink - So What mp3
32 - Dierks Bentley - Feel That Fire mp3
33 - Kanye West - Love Lockdown mp3
34 - Akon - Right Now (na Na Na) mp3
35 - Ne Yo - Miss Independent mp3
36 - Jim Jones Ft Ron Browz And Juelz Santana - Pop Champagne mp3
37 - John Legend Ft Andre 3000 - Green Light mp3
38 - Rihanna - Disturbia mp3
39 - Taylor Swift - White Horse mp3
40 - Dream - Rockin That Shit mp3
41 - Toby Keith - God Love Her mp3
42 - Zac Brown Band - Chicken Fried mp3
43 - David Cook - Light On mp3
44 - Beyonce - Halo mp3
45 - Blake Shelton - She Wouldnt Be Gone mp3
46 - Keith Urban - Sweet Thing mp3
47 - Ludacris Ft. T-pain - One More Drink mp3
48 - Jason Mraz Ft.colbie Caillat - Lucky mp3
49 - Leona Lewis - Better In Time mp3
50 - Kenny Chesney With Mac Mcanally - Down The Road mp3
51 - Brooks And Dunn Ft Reba Mcentire - Cowgirls Dont Cry mp3
52 - Plain White Ts - 1234 (i Love You) mp3
53 - Kid Cudi - Day N Nite mp3
54 - Beyonce - If I Were A Boy mp3
55 - Shinedown - Second Chance mp3
56 - Ne-yo Ft. Jamie Foxx And Fabolous - She Got Her Own mp3
57 - Akon Ft Lil Wayne And Young Jeezy - Im So Paid mp3
58 - Flo Rida - Right Round mp3
59 - Rihanna - Rehab mp3
60 - Killers - Human mp3
61 - Young Jeezy Ft Nas - My President mp3
62 - Darius Rucker - It Wont Be Like This For Long mp3
63 - Jamie Foxx Ft T.i. - Just Like Me mp3
64 - Adele - Chasing Pavements (re Entry) mp3
65 - Billy Currington - Dont mp3
66 - Leona Lewis - I Will Be mp3
67 - T-pain Ft. Ludacris - Chopped And Skrewed mp3
68 - Kings Of Leon - Sex On Fire mp3
69 - Mims - Move (if U Wanna) mp3
70 - Fray - Absolute mp3
71 - Alan Jackson - Country Boy mp3
72 - Ting Tings - Thats Not My Name mp3
73 - Jason Aldean - Shes Country mp3
74 - Bobby Valentino Ft Yung Joc - Beep mp3
75 - George Strait - River Of Love mp3
76 - Seether - Careless Whisper mp3
77 - Thriving Ivory - Angels On The Moon mp3
78 - Usher - Trading Places mp3
79 - Pussycat Dolls - Top Of The World mp3
80 - Oh3 - Dont Trust Me mp3
81 - Yung La Ft Young Dro And T.i. - Aint I (remix) mp3
82 - Gorilla Zoe Ft Lil Wayne - Lost mp3
83 - T-pain Ft Chris Brown - Freeze mp3
84 - Plies Ft. Chris J - Put It On Ya mp3
85 - Offspring - Youre Gonna Go Far Kid mp3
86 - Gs Boyz - Stanky Legg mp3
87 - Musiq Soulchild Ft Mary J Blige - Ifuleave mp3
88 - Demi Lovato - La La Land mp3
89 - Lee Ann Womack - Last Call mp3
90 - Miranda Lambert - More Like Her mp3
91 - Carolina Liar - Show Me What Im Looking For mp3
92 - Paramore - Decode mp3
93 - Jake Owen - Dont Think I Cant Love You mp3
94 - Jesse Mccartney Ft Ludacris - How Do You Sleep mp3
95 - Bruce Springsteen - Working On A Dream mp3
96 - Framing Hanley - Lollipop mp3
97 - Keyshia Cole - You Complete Me mp3
98 - Keyshia Cole Ft. 2pac - Playa Cardz Right mp3
99 - Jazmine Sullivan - Lions Tigers Bears mp3
100 - Kings Of Leon - Use Somebody mp3

Sportsdude

I've been listening to love songs (ladyhawke) and blues songs about drinking (thorogood). The latter being my final acceptance/realization in that I'm a midwestern boy, but I said this last year too when started talking like a southerner in about mid-April and freaking everyone out. I rather be the East Euro 2nd gen without all the genocidal tendencies.

Back of the Van (Fred Falke Ultimate Mix)
[a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OcoVkIOjQ8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OcoVkIOjQ8[/a]

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

|