Aqua Teen Hunger Force Prank

Started by Lise, Feb 07 07 11:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Did the guys who promoted ATHF went too far with their prank?

Yes
0 (0%)
No
7 (100%)
Undecided
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Lise

So the guys who promoted the Aqua Teen Hunger Force got into trouble for putting these light panels up all over Boston and the city reacted like it's a bomb scare.

Do you think they went overboard with their prank? I certainly don't think so but then again what do I know?

Check out how they did it here:

[A href="http://www.ifilm.com/video/2818851?ns=1"]http://www.ifilm.com/video/2818851?ns=1[/A]

Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

Mass hysteria.  Shows how uptight we are as a country.  These bill boards have been everywhere and were in Boston for 2 weeks and yet nobody complains? odd.  Fear and paranoia in the streets.  Then again thats the media's fault.  Every week there is a story on the news about some reporter going to a local store saying terrorists could easily put something in your shampoo bottle. lol.  The media's made people think that there is a terrorist at every corner in the country wanting to kill you.    
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

tenkani

ATHF is TEH BOMB!!!!!1
Seriously, it's outstanding to the Nth degree!    :O
They can do no wrong, thus the prank was justified and within the bounds of civilized discourse.

For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

Sportsdude

I've watched that show a couple of times.  I swear you have to be high to watch it.  I mean talking fries and a shake? lol.  

Lise

Wonder what the punishment or fine will be? I can see more pranksters pulling something like this in the future. I don't think the city should have reacted the way they did. Oh well.

If anything, there's no such thing as a bad publicity. And oh yes.... I don't understand this cartoon either.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

join the club lise on the cartoon. lol

they were going to get up to 5 to 15 years in the big house for inciting mass panick and hysteria or whatever on some post 9/11 law but the case was dropped.

tenkani

You don't have to be high to appreciate it.
But it doesn't hurt.

[pre style="font-family: arial; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: bold; font-size: 12px; lineh-eight: normal; font-size-adjust: none; font-stretch: normal; color: rgb(0, 0, 191);"]My name is...
Shake-Zula.
The mic-rula,
The old schoolah,
Ya wanna trip?  I'll bring it to ya.
Frylock and I'm on top, Rock you like a cop
Meatwad you up next with your knock-knock.
Meatwad make the money, see.
Meatwad get the honeys, G.
Drivin in my car, livin' like a star.
Ice on my fingers and my toes and I'm a Taurus

Check it.
Check it, check it.

'Cuz we are the aqua teens,
make the homies say ho! and the girlies wanna scream
'Cuz we are the aqua teens,
make the homies say ho! and the girlies wanna scream

Aqua Teen Hunger Force.
Number 1 in the Hood, G!![/pre]  

Raver

Sportsdude wrote:
Then again thats the media's fault.  Every week there is a story on the news about some reporter going to a local store saying terrorists could easily put something in your shampoo bottle. lol.  The media's made people think that there is a terrorist at every corner in the country wanting to kill you.   

I probably run panicing in the streets but my house is completely sealed with duct tape from the Anthax scares of 01/02, so I can't get out.

tenkani

Do they just slip your pizzas in under the door?  

Sportsdude

I'm telling yeah if the bad guys ever did a terrorist attack in the middle of nowhere here in the midwest holy cow would this country go crazy.  Because all the dilusional people live here in the middle of nowhere and they're already paranoid as is.  

Raver

tenkani wrote:
Do they just slip your pizzas in under the door?  

Are you kidding me?  Everyone knows that terrorists are working in conjunction with fast food companies to make us fat and unable to fight back.  I only eat the preserves from my bomb shelter in the basement.  

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to put my tinfoil hat back on to prevent the government from reading my thoughts.

Sportsdude

Remember Harper wanted to put boots on the street in Vancouver. lol  

Trollio

If I was the CEO of Turner, I'm afraid I would have totally attacked the Mayor of Boston and taken it all the way down to the mat over this.

I would have pointed out what SD said about there being the same lights in other large cities for weeks, and I would have said directly to the Boston Police that "your ridiculous expectation that my company pay even a half-penny for your own choice to display your massive incompetence and unprofessional conduct would be an act of enabling behaviour rivalling that found in the worst alcoholic families."

I would then not only challenge but dare the city of Boston to prove in any court in the nation that there was any iota of intent to cause panic or malicious disruption in the actions of the marketing team. Boston had no more of a case than if you blamed me for your attempting to kill yourself, because you saw my inflatable missile float across the street from your house and assumed that a nuclear holocaust was imminent.

Yes, I've heard that argument about how they don't mind paying because they got more publicity out of it than they ever could have imagined and that the cost of that kind of exposure would be about $500,000. That's not the point. The city of Boston--and no other entity but the city of Boston--chose to create the panic; they raised the alarm unnecessarily; the very idea that anyone else but their idiotic city managers should pay for their overkill expenses is rank insanity.

one must be intelligent to get intelligent answers.
— bebu