Things you feel weird about but probably shouldn't

Started by Lise, Feb 05 07 09:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Gopher

I feel weird about people addressing me as sir.  
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Lil Me

Ditto.  And it's "Unko", not "Uncle".  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

purelife

I feel weird being addressed as Ms or Ma'am or Ms. and my last name.

Sportsdude

I feel weird when I don't say Uncle (name) or Aunt (name) even though I'm not a little kid anymore it just feels weird not calling them with the add on.

Oh and when I have female teachers I never say Mrs. if they are married. I always go Ms. it just feels right to say Ms.  Makes the teachers feel younger I guess.

Oh and I feel really uncomfortable when my dad or mom or somebody in my family is teaching a class and I'm in it.  What am I suppose to say?

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lil Me

It's totally weird when you meet old teachers again and they ask you to call them by their first name.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Gopher

Yes, I manage to do it once, and then go back to their full title.

Sportsdude

I feel weird about going back to my old schools and say hows it going.  I did that once in high school went back to my elementary school to visit my nieghbour I had in grade 3 and she was retiring so I felt like saying hey.  I got mobbed by the kids.  

I also don't like going over to my mom's school.  This one teacher there who is her teamate around 29 or so thinks I'm hot apparently and so strong. *rolls eyes*

Lise

Oh yeah.... that uncle, auntie business. I feel weird about someone addressing me as Mr. Lise. I always turn around and expect my mother to turn up.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Gopher

Lise

Shoot. I mean, MRS. Lise!!! ARGH!! Faugh the computer keyboards!!
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Gopher

I feel weird about Lise mistakenly thinking she was a man.  

Lise

Well, I do miss my imaginary penis at one point or another.  
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

Whats it like being called Mom or Dad? Thats one thing I won't feel weird about.  I feel important when they say Mr. SD.  Heck I start to get really excited when things come in the mail for me.