The "I have nothing Interesting to Say" Thread

Started by Lise, Feb 06 07 02:40

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Natasha

Betty White has done well hosting SNL.

P.C.

She did !  Spunky ol gal, isn't she ?  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Gopher

A fool's paradise is better than none.

Sportsdude

I took the viaduct last night at around sunset into downtown. Interesting drive.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Orik

Starting on Monday morning with the first of dozens of boxes to be thrown out,  when I am done there will be only enough left to fit in a 150 square  foot bachelor.  I swore I would never move back into a SRO but I just  can not afford to live where I am.

It is doubtful I will find another  job, I have not given up looking, but have given up hope. EI will run  out soon and Social assistance is not enough to cover rent food or bills.. My  rent is more than what Social assistance pays and I am not physically  sick enough to collect disability, but even if I was, my disability  pension would be below what welfare pays..

Not the greatest of solutions but I had better prepare now for the worst, than get caught later on down the road with no plans. I am Still looking for a bachelor or 1 bedroom that I can afford on my income, but have not found one yet.

Currently I pay more than 1/2 my monthly income to rent & in the 17 months I have been looking have remained unable to find a good apartment for less than what I am paying now. Vancouver has lots of good housing but they are all way to overpriced, all the apartments I have seen listed are even more expensive than the one I am in now...

Just how on earth do people on welfare survive. My EI is 1200 a month about 60 percent of what I earned before I lost my Job and I am barely making ends meet.

1200 a month

200 banked in a locked savings for taxes Cause have to pay my own.

678 for rent goes up again in June =( it is currently 652

110 phone internet cable

200 for Food

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

purelife

I know how it is to survive on nothing.  I hope you find a solution to meet ends meet Orik.  It's so tough these days, to watch every penny spent.  One day at a time....

Have you thought about shared accommodation or even moving away from Vancouver?  It's cheaper out here.

Orik

I do not share well or play well with others. my work hours when I do get shifts to work are up and down like a yoyo

My mood is rather like scrooge on a bad day.. I am not much for coddling or putting up with room mates.. I also have a place for everything usually all over the floor =D and god forbid one of them should nick a farthing out of the fridge or freezer.. nope I did away with room mates back in the late 90's and will never go back to sharing a apartment with one....

as for where I live, I am open to living out side the city. but transportation can be a issue, I do not drive, I never even learned how to, there was also never any need to until now. Besides being not allowed to drive under medical restrictions, It is not safe to drive under the influence of strong opiate medications... It is not safe to use any heavy machinery either.

The future is uncertain, I will see what tomorrow holds, tomorrow.
For now, I will just worry about surviving today.
Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

Natasha

Gopher wrote:
I am chewing some liquorice.

Can we have a bite too  =)  

P.C.

Lil Me

Are we talking about black or red?

(pass the black, please!)
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

Red isn't licorice.  It's a cheap impostor.  

Lil Me

I totally get you.  It's like the Darkwing Duck of candy.

[TABLE border=1 bgColor=#ffffdd] [TBODY] [TR] [TD colSpan=2 align=middle][SMALL]Anti-Spam Bot-Stopper
Please type the text below into this field[/SMALL][/TD][/TR] [TR] [TD align=middle] [STYLE type=text/css]    TD.at_r1 (vertical-align:bottom;)    [/STYLE]  [TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0] [TBODY] [TR] [TD][/TD] [TD class=at_r1 rowSpan=2]fu[/TD] [TD][/TD][/TR] [TR] [TD]goo[/TD] [TD]s[/TD][/TR][/TBODY][/TABLE][/TD] [TD][INPUT value=7e04ad0e6bae774d216ce06b46f4e4a0 type=hidden name=sauce_check][INPUT value=goofus size=10 name=sauce][/TD][/TR][/TBODY][/TABLE]
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

Lil Me

Natasha

P.C. wrote:
 It's hardened Jello.  Yuck.[/DIV]
 [img border=0 src="http://discoverseattle.net/forums/richedit/smileys/Shocked/3.gif"]  I didn't think such a thing existed.

|