The "I have nothing Interesting to Say" Thread

Started by Lise, Feb 06 07 02:40

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Little Fish

My Order from Newegg arrived Yesterday, I had not been expecting it until  Saturday. I am going to put the new Power Supply in to the new Case and  move my Old motherboard and other equipment from the old case, into this  new one.

" I can hardly wait to finish it and see what the Pc  will look like. it soon looks i will be ready for that next Lan party I  like the handle, looks like it will be easy to carry from that. just one  small problem is iritating me. And that is the power supply.  It looks  nothing like the one in the pictures advertised, It has the same amount  of power written on it, but the power supply has a different name  written on it... I am beginning to wonder about bait and switch tactics  here..."

Well it is the correct power supply and it is running like a dream machine... but i am getting voltage variances to the CPU and that's not from the power supply. I think I have a defective CPU or MOBO ( this is the 4 power supply ie used and same voltage issues to the CPU) so i wonder perhaps if i clean the CPU and area reapply some thermal paste and reseat it. maybe that will fix the problem cause if it doesn't it is way past any available RMA on the MOBO or the CPU. Nor do I know which one is at fault... and with out know which one is at fault how do i return it on warenty... besides the C PU was a Christmas present and the Mobo was from nearly 2 years ago and neer gave me any trouble with my old 3 ghz single core chip.

any PC experts got any hints?

[table border="0" cellpadding="3" width="100%"][tbody][tr][td colspan="2" align="center"][span class="smalltext"][/span]
     [table bgcolor="#ffffdd" border="1"]    [tbody][tr][td colspan="2" align="center"][small]Anti-Spam  Bot-Stopper
    Please type the text below into this field[/small][/td][/tr]    [tr][td align="center"]    [style type="text/css"]    TD.at_r1 (vertical-align:bottom;)    [/style] [table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"][tbody][tr][td]
[/td][td rowspan="2" class="at_r1"]fu[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]ear[/td][td]l[/td][/tr][/tbody][/table][/td][td][input name="sauce_check" value="58a88f9c1dcbe7c93a1d3bef55154398" type="hidden"][input name="sauce" size="10" type="text"][/td][/tr][/tbody][/table]  [input name="post" value="Post" onclick="return scheck(); return  submitThisOnce(this);" accesskey="s" tabindex="3" type="submit"] [input name="preview" value="Preview" onclick="return  (typeof(document.postmodify.attachmentPreview) == " undefined=""  ||="" !document.postmodify.attachmentpreview.value="" ||="" confirm('you="" will=""  have="" to="" reattach="" any="" attachments,="" continue="" with="" preview?'))="" &&=""  submitthisonce(this);="" accesskey="p" tabindex="4" type="submit"][img]Themes/default/images/blank.gif" alt="" id="fetchSessionTemp"]                         [/td]                      [/tr]                      [tr]                         [td colspan="2"]
[/td]                      [/tr]                   [/tbody][/table]                                                 [input name="num_replies" value="4979" type="hidden"]          [input name="sc" value="b76c88eb0b28c6854ed4be91cd51d550" type="hidden"]          [input name="seqnum" value="23" type="hidden"]                 

Sportsdude

Its a name PC ask Sawdust.:)

I have no clue on computers Little Flish. If I did this GIS program would work for me and I wouldn't use Macs.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Russ

Morning!

Im with SD on this one. I dont have a clue. I bought a Mac to attempt to avoid these intellectual issues.

Is Orik still around? He would prob be able to help ya.

Good Luck!
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Little Fish

Orik is unable to be of assistance on this problem.  

purelife

So, I finally organized ALL of my clothes.  I got rid of 3 garbage bag of clothes for donation along with another bag of shoes and household items.  

I feel so organized!  :)

Gopher

I've finally managed to stop Windows Messenger popping up on my screen two minutes after I turn on my computer.  
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Natasha

Little Fish

Oh Poor Gopher, you mean that you are saying, that you did not know,  how to enter into the MSN, Messenger, options section and disable Messenger from starting with Windows, until now? Have you figured out how to disable it fro m starting every time you open Outlook Express yet ?

Gopher

A fool's paradise is better than none.

P.C.

I'm off to putter in the yard and maybe have a bon fire to get rid of winter mess.  I love a bon fire.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Russ

Little Fish wrote:
Oh Poor Gopher, you mean that you are saying, that you did not know,  how to enter into the MSN, Messenger, options section and disable Messenger from starting with Windows, until now? Have you figured out how to disable it fro m starting every time you open Outlook Express yet ?

NO! Gopher's obviously smarter than me..
Could you tell? I hate that blasted virus coming up all the time.

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

DDD

P.C. wrote:
I'm off to putter in the yard and maybe have a bon fire to get rid of winter mess.  I love a bon fire.[img border=0 src="/forums/richedit/smileys/Happy/3.gif"]  
     In NW ????????
God is great, beer is good and people are crazy!

P.C.

I don't live in New West.  I think you have me confused with someone else.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

purelife

Will there be marshmallows at that bonfire, P.C.?

I'll be job hunting in 2 months.     I'm not ready, but it must be done.  *pout pout*

Sportsdude

Bon fires a plenty tonight.

Spent the entire day working on a map instead of being at the Bare Naked Ladies concert.
Oh well.

Meeeee toooo Purelife. I want to stay up here a little bit longer. Afraid of going back 'home' when I only know this place.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

|