The "I have nothing Interesting to Say" Thread

Started by Lise, Feb 06 07 02:40

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

PC that was before an email, and that was calling Health Services saying we don't do that, when someone told me they did.

I have no idea on the dental, but I'm fully covered do to the teacher's union. We'd be nowhere in life without the NEA. I only know health care costs from my recent surgeries and my sister's hospital stay.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

Oh I see.  I think.

So you know nothing about dental costs in the States ?  I wonder if it's as insane there, as it is here.  It truly is mental.  You'd think teeth were a frivolous luxury.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

I only remember vaguely how much my braces cost back in '99 and it was rather ridiculous. So, its probably double/triple that now. I know the little dental pieces I have to wear for my tmj are ridiculous. I've lost the retainer a few times, but the policy is the first replace is free. I got lucky though, they switched to a new computer system the second time I lost it years later, so they didn't have me down on record as 'this is his #2' lol. So it was free.

Lil Me

I JUST discovered that you can see the International Space Station every night.  I'm so stoked about this.
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

49er

my employer provides dental insurance for me and family which pays 80% of cost up to $2000/year for each member; a $25 deductible each year/member.  Insurance company has own list of dental rates which dentists can charged.......dentists comply because if they don't they don't have any clients, insurance company (Delta Dental) is that BIG

P.C.

my employer provides dental insurance for me and family which pays 80% of cost up to $2000/year for each member; a $25 deductible each year/member.  Insurance company has own list of dental rates which dentists can charged.......dentists comply because if they don't they don't have any clients, insurance company (Delta Dental) is that BIG

We have dental coverage too, but they consider a great proportion of dental work as 'cosmetic'.  So if you knock a couple teeth out playing baseball....suck it up or mortgage your house.  You can be in and out of the dentists chair in 30 minutes, and 700 bucks lighter.[/DIV]

Sportsdude

Randomly found this gem of news today.

[a href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/wales/7902832.stm"]http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/wales/7902832.stm[/a]

[div class="mxb"]             [h1]                Puppy survives 200ft quarry fall             [/h1]          [/div]

[p class="first"]A puppy survived after plunging more than 200ft (60.6m) over a cliff into a flooded quarry. [/p]The cocker spaniel called Dotty was chasing a bird near her owner's home in Chepstow, Monmouthshire, when she tumbled over the edge. [/p]The seven-month-old pet bounced off the cliff face three times before hitting the icy water at an estimated 50mph. [/p]But luckily a sub-aqua team were diving in the quarry, saw her splash landing and helped her. [!-- E SF --][/p]One of the group swam over and lifted Dotty to safety before they gave her oxygen from their tanks. Moments later her tail was wagging. [/p]

P.C.

Lucky puppy....poor thing.

We have learned that our septic issues are the result of a failed septic field.  The worst news possible.  I can't even imagine what we're going to do.  From everything we've learned so far, it could cost anywhere from 10 to 50 thousand dollars.  If it was at all possible to DIY....we would....but again, we have learned that it likely has to be done professionally.[/DIV]

P.C.

We're looking into our options....and trying to educate ourselves about all this shit.   Pardon my bilingualism.   The prospect of such costs seem more than a little frightening.  

Lil Me

LOL

I think you should watch the movie Meet The Parents-- the toilet that runs all night, the overflowing septic tank, the cigarette....
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

lol....I think I remember that.  

Lil Me

Ask the cat if she knows anything about it.

|