The "I have nothing Interesting to Say" Thread

Started by Lise, Feb 06 07 02:40

Previous topic - Next topic
|

P.C.

HOLY CRAP !  Did you see that man that got run over by a truck that was broadsided by a train ?  I couldn't believe my eyes....and apparently he came out with just cuts and bruises.  Can find a clip anywhere yet....I just saw it on the news moments ago.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

I read the yahoo ticker.

Damn slow news day Yahoo didn't update every hour with something new from 8am to now. (that's how long I've been on the computer working on the paper, fun times)

I've counted 5 Rush Limbaugh stories though. That seems to be the theme of the day.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

It's a jawdropper I tell ya.  Twas on Global.

Sportsdude

P.C.

I'm guessing they'll run it again at the end.  I'm still stunned over what I saw.  

*it's going to be on again after the commercial right NOW.  

Sportsdude

Sportsdude

Michel

Sportsdude

Michel wrote:
lol, I just checked the admission price for the Vancouver Planetarium. They dare to charge 15 $ for their show ??? I couldnt believe it. I just checked on line, and it's still 8 $ in Montréal. Why does that stupid city and province is so allergic to culture and low prices? Fortunately a petroglyph boulder coming from the Fraser river and that is supposed to be there can be seen without paying the admission price.

Way to go BC. No wonder the cultural level is so low in this province...

----------------

St. Louis' Planetarium is free along with the Zoo, the Art Museum (except for travelling exhibits then there's a fee to get into that), History museum is free. All museums, zoos, butterfly gardens etc are free. Only places where you have to pay a fee is the Arch and the City Museum. So I don't understand these admission fees, they're a foreign concept to me...

[img style="width: 340px; height: 460px;" src="http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/01/Jewl-box-forest-park-saint-louis.jpg"]

Michel

Sportsdude

Well this is how to do it Vancouver

Free admittance
but then if lets say your the Art museum and King Tut is coming, that exhibit is 15-20 bucks a person

The Zoo
free, except for Children's Zoo (although its now free I think, kids get to pet animals)
food is 5x expensive. Bottle of coke 2.50 etc
'Speciality shows' fee (but these rarely happen)
and the miniature train the kids want to go on that goes through the park, fee.

Science Centre/Planetarium
free except for parking
and if you want to see an IMAX film (they only show science IMAX films, no hollywood stuff) then its like 10 bucks. There was a controversy when I was in elementary school about whether to show Michael Jordan's IMAX film, the Science Centre was adamently opposed as it wasn't really science related. They ended up showing it because so many people wanted to see it. They did a Nascar one a few years back but that had some science related material.

Missourians who balk at 'communist Canada' would be outraged at having to pay for the Vancouver Aquarium, RoyalBC Museum, Buchart Gardens, and Science World.  

Michel

Sportsdude

well when the 'young liberals' are diehard neo-conservatives this happens.
The leaders of the Young Liberals use fascist lines of the Third Positioin in explaining their ideology without even knowing it... Oh the future is going to be so swell.

Michel

Sportsdude

Michel wrote:
The future? They're tall only because we're on our knees. Just tip the idols and you'll see the worms moving under. All their crap is crumbling.

[a href="http://watch.thecomedynetwork.ca/the-daily-show-with-jon-stewart/full-episodes/march-4-2009/#clip145169"]http://watch.thecomedynetwork.ca/the-daily-show-with-jon-stewart/full-episodes/march-4-2009/#clip145169[/a]

|