The "I have nothing Interesting to Say" Thread

Started by Lise, Feb 06 07 02:40

Previous topic - Next topic
|

P.C.

I can spot a Canadian film in 3 seconds flat.  I don't need no stinkin wiki.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

I can too but this movie wasn't Canadian. It was a TV movie developed off the book by CBS in the 70s. That's why I was like 'what the' when I heard America the Beautiful.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

I can't believe how stressed out I was...

We were driving on the Iron Memorial bridge, heading home and all of a sudden, my car just died.  We were right in the middle of the bridge and couldn't move anywhere!  We could've got ourselves killed because it was so freaking dangerous being stuck on the bridge like that with traffic coming up behind you.  

Police came, department of transportation and the towing company came to our aid.  Somebody must've called the police.  I'm glad they did cuz we certainly didn't think about calling them.

It wasn't a fun night....pouring, wet, cold.... and scared!

Orik

[img style="width: 141px; height: 48px;" src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c023.gif[/img] to hear you had such a rough and dangerous nigh Purelife... now you are home we can give u a big group hug[img style="width: 155px; height: 40px;" src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/midi/liebe/a054.gif[/img] lots of love and a glass of bubbly to take the edge off so sit back and try to relax purelife  ...all is now well for you are home safe and able to post once more

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

Sportsdude

Sorry to hear what happened.    
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lil Me

What happened to you sounds really scary.  SO glad to hear that you're safe.  I know that you're probably bummed about the car....but that's not at all important if you and Mr purelife are alive and well.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

Oh dear purelife.  SO glad you're OK.  I agree....worst place to break down.

Do something relaxing today !

Lil Me....I'll have my binoculars out while I watch the parade on TV.  (it will be on TV, right ?)

purelife

Thanks guys... I'm glad to be safe and alive.  Y'know, people were cursing at us, but we couldn't do anything.  MrPL couldn't push the car off to the side by himself.  It would've been a long way to push.  The feelings I felt are so difficult to describe when you're in this kind of situation.    

Gopher

It's the stuff of which nightmares are made. Glad you're o.k.  
A fool's paradise is better than none.

P.C.

The people who were cursing at you, will surely be in for a lovely dose of karma.

I know the feeling you're describing purelife....I've been in that exact same position before, on the Port Mann (with my 3 kids in the car).   You are so vulnerable and helpless and fearful to the extreme....miserable combo.  

purelife

Lil Me

Eeek.  What if he attacked YOU instead?
 I can just picture the newspaper headline: Burnaby Man Sustains Injury Playing With Owl.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

|