Fake cop car and billboard

Started by TehBorken, Feb 05 07 05:55

Previous topic - Next topic

TehBorken

I bet this is effective. From Advertising/Design Goodness, a fake cop car and billboard:
[/p]
[/p] A driver from a distance will see a police car hiding behing a billboard, as the police typically do in Turkey/ thus the driver instinctively slow down or make sure that they are going at the legal speed limit. When they come closer they are able to read the billboard text:

Pay your traffic tickets on time without waiting in line - [a href="http://isbank.com.tr/"]isbank.com.tr[/a]

However just as they pass the billboard they will realize that there really isn't a police car hiding there. It's a full size reproduction of a police car which is a part of the billboard.
 [a href="http://www.frederiksamuel.com/blog/2007/01/isbankcomtr.html"]Link[/a][/p]  
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

P.C.

Ahahaha...Very clever.  I guess to avoid speeders from becoming complacent about the 'cut outs', they would have to have a real one in exactly the same setting every once in a while.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Russ

Brilliant Idea. I would fall for it.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Sportsdude

Seen it before. They do little tricks like that all time over here.  It works of course.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

That's very clever.  I would think that it's real.

Ally

that's funny.

It's almost like people that drive around in Crown Vic's.
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts." (Sign hanging in Einstein's office at Princeton)

Lise

Wonderful idea. Cheap and it works.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Gopher

Lise wrote:
 Wonderful idea. Cheap and it works. .....

Sounds like the unofficial view of employed illegal immigrants.

A fool's paradise is better than none.

Lise

LOL Gopher. C'mon here while I smacked yer butt.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

kingy

but it would only work once.

fool me once..