Ban cellphones in the classroom

Started by Lise, Feb 05 07 11:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Should we ban cellphones in the classroom?

Yes
4 (100%)
No
0 (0%)
Undecided
0 (0%)
Don't Care
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Lise

Well, they're talking about banning cellphones in the classroom much to the kids' frustration. I say, it's a good idea. Why the hell do you need one in the classroom for? That goes for iPods and Blackberrys as well.

I say, you can use these devices outside school time (lunch, recess, before and after school) but not during.

And not just limit to the classroom but hospitals, restaurants etc etc. Be polite, turn off your damn devices so you don't distract other people.

HANG UP OR SHADDUP!!
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Gopher

Agreed Lise. Ban them everywhere they're likely to disrupt  the peaceful daydreaming of others.  
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Lise

Hehe. I used to daydream a lot in classes, especially Maths.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

kingy

keep your daydreaming within sex ed class!

Sportsdude

well most kids use the cell phones to cheat now.  Although when something bad happens (school shootings etc) they're good.  So I dunno.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

kingy

i hate it when a cell phone rings in a movie theatre.

Lise

I hear ya, kingy. Worst is the stupid noob who actually answers the phone in the movie theatre.
Bill Cosby.