Will not watch it
0 (0%)
Saw it + changed a bad habit
1 (11.1%)
Doesn't care
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 8

P.C.

That's true Gophie.  Problem is, they can only READ the right side. [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c008.gif" border=0]

I agree that the cost of hydro is climbing, Lise....and I can see the rise in cost being absorbed into my saving, but  some reflection of the savings at least in the first couple months before the rise in cost flattened out.

I also agree, that as annoying as it is that they tout this as a big 'personal' saving, I AM comforted in the thought that it's a wee tiny step in being kinder to our resourses,  (although how is one to really know this is true if it isn't reflected in your consumption costs).
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Gopher

Insist on NOT being given a plastic bag when you get to the checkout.

Buy as many recyled things as you can, especially second-hand, it's far cheaper too.  
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Russ

So you are going to carry your groceries in your shirt held out like a bowl Gopher? lol. I dont know anywhere that offers the option of paper or plastic anymore.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

P.C.

I always do.

If I must have a bag, I choose paper.  Contrary to popular belief, paper bags are more environmentally friendly than plastic.  Less that 7% of the WORLD'S trees are used for paper.  Of that, a large percentage  is GROWN specifically FOR paper and a percentage of the remainder is from scrub and salvage.  Paper is made from the by-product of lumber production......mill waste, natural fall etc.  

P.C.

Most grocery stores offer cloth re-usable bags for a small cost.  

Russ

P.C. wrote:
 I always do.

If I must have a bag, I choose paper.  Contrary to popular belief, paper bags are more environmentally friendly than plastic.  Less that 7% of the WORLD'S trees are used for paper.  Of that, a large percentage  is GROWN specifically FOR paper and a percentage of the remainder is from scrub and salvage.  Paper is made from the by-product of lumber production......mill waste, natural fall etc.

Really? All the stores around here that I know of dont offer paper anymore.. otherwise to be honest I would use paper. It IS more environmentally friendly, and I know most dont think it here but I do try to buy things that are environmentally friendly as well as local grown or made stuff. The plastic bags I get from stores Ill bring back and use again next time or use them for my garbage bags.   EDIT: I agree miss PC, I have gotten the reusable cloth bags.. but I end up using those for something else and either breaking or losing them so I have to get others.

Gopher.. LOL I guess I COULD reuse condoms.. LOLOLOL.  Im giving you a bless for that! I snorted coffee out of my nose and attracted miss Starfish over.

But that would have to mean a person uses them..

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Sportsdude

They still offer paper or plastic here.  Trader Joe's only has paper bags.  Plus its easier to recycle paper bags.
The greatest thing I've ever heard of was this.  In Boston they had the 'big dig'.  All the old steel and metal that was being torn down was bought by Honda.  They used the millions of tons of steele, melted it and turned the old steel into cars.  Is that cool or what!  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise

I try to re-use my plastic bags as much as I can. Aside from wrapping my diapers, of course.

Oh ah..... nevermind condoms, it's baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad for the environment!
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

|