Bill Gates: A World-Class Liar!!

Started by TehBorken, Feb 02 07 02:42

Previous topic - Next topic

TehBorken

From an interview with Bill Gates:

Bill sez: "Nowadays, security guys break the Mac every single day. Every single day, they come out with a total exploit, your machine can be taken over totally. I dare anybody to do that once a [em]month[/em] on the Windows machine."

What, are you frickin'  kidding me???? Vista has been out one week and there are already a half-dozen known exploits with more coming out [span style="font-style: italic; font-weight: bold;"]every single day[/span]!! Give me a break, Bill, just who do you think you're fooling?? Every version of Windows has had more holes than an Asian whorehouse and Vista is no different. Mark my words.

Then Bill sez: "So, yes, it took us longer, and they had what we were doing, user interface-wise. Let's be realistic, who came up with [the] file, edit, view, help [menu bar]?"

Well, gee, Bill, unless I'm mistaken (and I'm NOT), that was the work of IBM, not Microsoft. IBM developed those menus, which they called the "Common User Interface", and it included, yup, "File", "Edit", "View", etc etc.  This is true and you can look it up. Microsoft had nothing, repeat nothing to do with inventing this. Christ, talk about [span style="font-style: italic; font-weight: bold;"]rewriting history[/span] to claim credit for things you never did, good ol' Bull, I mean "Bill" should be in the goddamn Guiness Book Of World Records for this.

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Sportsdude

Microsoft doesn't have an R&D department anymore.  Its R&D department is Apple.

I've said this before Microsoft doesn't want computing to be enjoyable while Apple is the opposite.
Thats how I see the two companies.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

tenkani

Bill needs to STFU and drift quietly into the background where he belongs.

Millionaire geeks are better seen and not heard.

Actually, I don't want to see them either     >:(
For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

Sportsdude

you mean billionaire geeks?
Anyway isn't he quitting everything to go on mission crusades in a few years?

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

tenkani

I never quite understood Gates.

He does seem genuinely interested in helping charities, yet his company operates like a massive, evil monopolistic ogre, mercilessly crushing the competition and stifling creativity and innovation. If Microshaft actually manages to put out a truly stable OS (Win 2000 was close I suppose) without a slew of security holes, I will eat my hat.
For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.