DV too unsafe to surf at the mo

Started by Good Times, Mar 04 06 10:37

Previous topic - Next topic

P.C.

I used to pop back to DV now and then, since I've been on DS.  It's no longer worth the risk.  Even without the risk, the majority of topics are just garbage. There's hardly a thing resembling a 'normal' topic of conversation.  It's a no poop scoop rule dog park.  Pity....it was once a lot of fun.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

kitten

When I first found DV, it was a lot of fun "meeting" new people.  But I've erased it from my favourites page now.  It's much too risky to go there and there's no good reason why I'd want to.  I can't understand why the owners would let it get into such a state.  They must be losing a lot of business that way.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

skoda

owner of DV let it get that way because the mayhem draws more traffic.think about it...the more lawlessness that goes on the more attraction for people to abuse and troll = more traffic.

DV is in sad shape.

dangerous and not funny anymore.

basically it is a trainwreck underway and we get to watch.

if you want a virus or spyware ...go ahead and log on or reply to a post.

perpetual

Well, I guess it is "click beware" at DV.   I think a lot of those "pop up spams" are put there by bored children with nothing better to do than cause trouble for the rest of the world that comes to DV for a night of amusement.

I've learned to spot the "stay away" threads and now click on ones that have nothing to do with pantyhose or how many erections a guy can get in one night....it does make for some boring reads, but hey, that's my lot in life....

TehBorken does excellent work here at DS, and it is clear by now those at DV could stand to learn a lesson or two from him (I presume you are a him?).  Let's hope Lise and purelife (and all the other good folks from DV) can persuade the adminstrators there to get rid of their HTML coding options.  

I still hope DV does change its ways soon, but meanwhile I'll lurk between the two if not to check how many smites I've gotten and wonder who doesn't like me...  

purelife

DV is a lost cause.  Legion tried telling the admins to turn off their HTML codes, but they never listened.  We're just free labours for these admins.  What a joke!  They've already lost two moderators and a bunch of regulars.  I ain't touching that infested-viral site.

tenkani

Ooooh, exciting!

If I was at home right now I'd lock down the hatches and give it a shot. Like the man said, it's a good way to test your defenses!

Can't afford to get goatseed at work though    
For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

CK

How come DS is safe? Is it because TehBorken is Teh Man!?

TehBorken

perpetualacademe wrote: TehBorken does excellent work here at DS, and it is clear by now those at DV could stand to learn a lesson or two from him (I presume you are a him?).

Let me check....yep, I'm still a "him".   No plans to have a sex change anytime soon. (Not that I'm against it in any way, it's just that if I did have a sex change and found that I liked it then I'd hate myself for missing it all these years.)  

As for the people running around staging attacks against DV (and here), I think they should be hunted down and ventilated maximally. I just wish the government would make it legal for ordinary citizens to do so.

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Lise

DV is a lost cause.  Legion tried telling the admins to turn off their HTML codes, but they never listened.  We're just free labours for these admins.  What a joke!  They've already lost two moderators and a bunch of regulars.  I ain't touching that infested-viral site.

Oh the tragedy!! Purelife say it isn't so!!![/DIV]
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

CK

Why go back to an abusive household when a new home invites you in, feeds you a great supper, dessert, coffee..warm bed..shower..cable TV..

Actually, I would go back to DV once in awhile if it ever gets back to normal.

Lise

Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

CK

Lise wrote:
DEFINE NORMAL.

hehe, doesn't blow up the computer.

Lise

Aha. OK, I get you. No virus. I haven't seen a virus or pop-ups as yet. * fingers crossing *
Bill Cosby.

tenkani

I actually like Panhoff's wacked threads on DV. And the whole Kitten2006/FashionGirl thing is brilliant in its own twisted way, even if she is really a 400 pound shut-in with pasty skin and bed sores. Hay, you have to give the man props for determination.

It's a zoo over there. But every once in a while a little trip to the zoo is nice.
For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

Lise

Oh, I don't mind Panhof. He's harmless and quite entertaining compare to the rest of the losers. What I can't stand the same boring crap that's posted over and over again. Like just now, CHINA IS GREAT posts. Stupid. I have half a mind to send a nuclear bomb to his arse. I don't supposed anyone has something like that in his or her drawer, do you?

The craziest stuff happens on Saturdays.
Bill Cosby.

|